Senior Technology Project Engineer
The Senior Technical Project
Engineer is responsible for the design and development of Cooling System Module
Solutions to support the global pipeline of New Product Development
projects. This person will act
autonomously leading Project Management Module gates, delivering presentations,
reviewing data, and taking decisions on best practices for Cooling System
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Cooling System Domain Experts in identifying and executing development projects to define best practices for Refrigeration Cooling Systems, specializing but not limited to Airflow and Low Side Pressure Systems.
- Support the testing, print releases, risk assessments, and approval data for any new sub component required by Cooling System Domains in support of new projects.
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables (DFA’s, Component approvals, sample orders, etc.) to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Participate in competitive teardowns to map and communicate the state of the market as it relates to compressors and cooling system technologies.
- Effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized designs
- Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantages.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field with three or more years of related experience.
- Strong related project management leadership experience
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from different groups of managers and employees
- Team oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Proficiency with computer and PC software such as spreadsheets (Microsoft excel), word processing (Microsoft Word), graphics, and presentations (Microsoft Power point)
- High emotional intelligence required to interact with suppliers to deliver technical requirements to the supply base while having access to sensitive company information
- Experience interacting and/or leading projects within a global matrixed structure
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, project management or related field
- Comprehensive understanding of both refrigeration sealed system components as well as their interaction within the whole system