Senior Test Engineer (m/f/d)
Ensure our appliances excellent performance by creating great testing standards
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Senior Test Engineer (m/f/d)
Location: Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany / Mobile Office
You are a specialist for global core technology and responsible for the end of line testing. Your challenge is to define global standard processes in the areas of testing household appliances and distribute them to the global manufacturing business areas. Therefore, you ensure standardized and best in class factory EOL testing and flashing process within the food preparation product line. This also means to drive process & equipment standardization, constantly improving process efficiency and product quality across the product line engineering departments.
A TYPICAL DAY
- Testing, factory flashing of electronics and connectivity within manufacturing operations
- Create global standards and procedures for end of list test processes and ensure compliance with relevant technical standards in alignment with R&D and Quality
- Define and standardize automated test for electric and gas household appliances
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment purchasement, including safety and technical requirements according to global manufacturing engineering guidelines
- Supervise equipment installation in cooperation with plant manufacturing engineering.
- Determinate and implement next steps to drive further assembly testing and flashing automation projects
- Provide support for R&D departments in product development projects and updates
- Lead and initiate engineering tool developments with suppliers
Analytical. With your analytical and methodical problem-solving skills you always approach good solutions.
Goal-oriented. You have a clear picture where you want to go, how to achieve it and to collaborate with the right people.
Open-minded. You enjoy working in an international and truly multicultural environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds.
A Networker. You build a strong and lasting internal network across functions and regions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering University Degree (Bachelor or Master, Electronics, Mechatronics, Manufacturing)
- Professional experience in the manufacturing industry within factory, plant environment
- Profound knowledge about test and measurement techniques, electrical standards, automation, ESD problematics
- Basic knowledge in database structures, C-programming, Microcontrollers, IT systems (Windows and Linux) and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in System installation and validation with purchased equipment in an industrial engineering environment
- Basic knowledge of programming interfaces (SPI, ICC, SWD, …)
- Experience in project management and new product introduction
- Experience with electrical cabinets, interfaces, industrial equipment specification
- Knowledge of safety and industrial standards (esp. electrical testing places)
- Business fluent English skills, German is a plus
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.