Senior Thermodynamic Specialist
Pioneer the technology enabling millions of people to experience the greatest benefits. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Within the company Global R&D site, Advanced Product Development Dish Care team is looking for a highly motivated engineer who will focus on the application of thermodynamics in Dishwashers in order to create innovative efficient appliances to deliver relevant Consumer Experiences.
A regular day at work:
In this position, you will be involved in a variety of projects and have a broad range of responsibilities, from technical development and validation to leading projects and supporting other project leaders.
You will be interacting globally with different R&D departments as well as with the Business Areas.
In a regular day at work you will be responsible for:
• Leading projects and delivering results to meet technical targets, deadlines, product and investment costs and satisfy consumer needs as agreed with our internal Stakeholders;
• You will apply your engineering expertise both as a project leader and as a team member;
• Research and develop innovative technologies for Dish Care Home Appliances to deliver consumer benefits (e.g. efficient use of resources like water and energy, time reduction);
• This role covers different technical activities from using modelling and simulations, theoretical to experimental analysis, prototype creation, performance testing in our laboratory and concept verification at a consumer level;
• You will be able to assess the best approach and practices for each activity and project, whether it be a virtual or physical approach;
• Apply engineering principles and methods to interface and analyze data and solve problems in areas typical of home appliances;
• Analyze data acquired from appliance platforms, using statistical analysis methodologies;
• Interface with internal departments to align on technical development activities;
• Report project status updates with our Business Areas;
• Interact with our experts in different scientific fields that work in different areas e.g. advanced controls, electronics, chemistry, materials.
• You are methodical and result oriented. Innovative, creative and open-minded approach. You find solutions to problems.
• You are keen on expand your horizons on daily base looking for a continuous improvement in all the job areas and finding any better ways to do things.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions of the organization.
• You work with others having communication skills and respect for cultural diversities.
• Positive thinking and “hands-on” approach. You display a can-do attitude and challenge the existing status quo.
• Do not only fix but also bring on new, fresh ideas and willing to travel.
• You’re not afraid of taking initiative through a matrix organization.
Background & required experience:
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering with thermodynamic speciality.
• The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in an R&D environment, and has Project Management experience in working on projects in research led product development.
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to deriving practical user-friendly solutions;
• Knowledge of 3D Design (CATIA is a merit);
• Strong product development, validation and testing skills;
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
Please submit your CV in English
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.