Senior Thermodynamic Specialist
Shape living for the better.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, close to Pordenone city and 1 hour from Venice. Porcia is the biggest Electrolux site in Italy, dedicated to our Product Line Care. Here we develop Washing Machine, Dish Washer and Tumble Dryer for our consumers worldwide.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
· Research and develop innovative technologies for Fabric Care Home Appliances to deliver consumer benefits (e.g. efficient use of resources like water and energy, time reduction);
· Key aspect is the technical capability to design systems which provide heating or cooling that transfer heat through liquids and gases (e.g. HP);
· This role covers different technical activities from using modelling and simulations, theoretical to experimental analysis, prototype creation, performance testing in our laboratory and concept verification at a consumer level;
· Apply engineering principles and methods to interface and analyse data and solve problems in areas typical of home appliances;
· Analyse data acquired from appliance platforms, using statistical analysis methodologies;
· Interface with internal departments to align on technical development activities;
· Report project status updates with our Business Areas;
· Interact with our experts in different scientific fields that work in different areas e.g. advanced controls, electronics, chemistry, materials.
· University degree with thermodynamic speciality.
· Experience with knowledge of mechanics and thermodynamic applications;
· The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in an R&D environment;
· Knowledge of 3D Design (CATIA is a merit);
· Strong product development, validation and testing skills;
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Fluent English (spoken and written)
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Our Consumer Experience organisation is a global team dedicated to shaping living for the better – transforming business, industry and our consumers lives! Does that appeal to you? This may just be the position you're looking for. Consumer Experience spans brand, marketing, design, sustainability, R&D, technology and innovation. We're dedicated to working toward the Electrolux mission to deliver sustainable and outstanding experiences for consumers around the world. Join us!
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.