Senior Wire Harness Engineer
Satu Mare, Romania
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just
because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse
perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our
values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on
@lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are currently looking for a talented person for the position of Senior Wire Harness Engineer to join our team and support us in delivering business objectives.
A regular day at work:
You are going to be part of the Global Electrical Technology Organization (ELTO), R&D Food Preparation.
• International - You are used to a global environment with colleagues all over the world
• Proactive - You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
• Structured - You are used to handling multiple projects at the same time
• Design the connection diagram for our appliances, as the base for the harness creation
• Design of new harness modules, by using standard CAD Program (E3-Zuken, Catia 2D)
• Prepare information for BOM creation (ANC-allocation; PNC-Design-BOM)
• To ensure, that all requirements (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, environmental impact, safety) are taken into account during the development phase
• Sample building during the development process (in alignment with the supplier)
• Provide technical support to the factories to reduce re-work, improve productivity (where applicable)
- Electrical design/ simulation
- Contact with suppliers
- Support for factory
- Create work instructions
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent based on a background in wiring installation design with a minimum of 3 years experience. Knowledge of electro-mechanical components such as connectors, relays, switches, heaters, terminal systems etc.
- Understanding of the engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles of wire harnesses.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate in a global team environment, prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result, prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplish them simultaneously, and comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions in synergy with other development departments.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 Quality Management
- Awareness of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- Awareness of Lean principles/Kaizen.
- Experience in the appliance industry is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of the wire harness production processes (automatic machines, IDC and crimping process details) is a plus.
- EMI/EMC knowledge is a strong plus.
- 3D wire harness design (Catia/Catelectre) is a strong plus.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.