Service Desk Agent
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this IT role, you will provide 1st level Help Desk Support to end users on a variety of issues. You will identify, research, and resolve technical problems responding to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support. You will document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution utilizing Service Now to create and update incidents, service requests, and tasks accordingly. You will document requests for assistance and track incidents through to resolution/escalation and serve as the initial contact for reporting technical issues, and answering questions regarding upgrades, installations, and other software/hardware/network issues.
- Accurately diagnose client technical issues, gather the necessary information, and perform standard, preliminary research using all relevant available resources.
- Effectively implement the steps found in available resources by following the instructions and using a variety of remote access, user admin, and related tools.
- Escalate unresolved issues to Management.
- Identify potential outages and other problems (via information gathering, ticket trends, etc.) and communicate the information to IT Management in a timely manner.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for Help Desk operating environment.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline processes to provide quality business service.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in field related to Computer Technology, IT, or technical field (preferred).
- Comp TIA A+ (preferred).
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) (preferred).
- 1-2 years technical phone support.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- 2 years of some IT experience preferred.
- Fluent in English.