A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
This entry level position is seeking mechanically inclined candidates. The primary role of this position is to conduct basic repairs on appliances within the warehouse. The role may also include other duties as assigned within Reverse Logistics as well as ensuring full compliance with all safety, quality and housekeeping policies and standards. A qualified candidate should exhibit a willingness to learn and grow through hands-on experience with a positive attitude while encountering a variety of ambiguous repairs.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair appliances to move through Electrolux’s refurbish program.
- Replace basic appliance parts (power cords, handles, doors, and other parts as needed).
- Uphold a plan of action to achieve KPIs and objectives set by the Reverse Logistics Team for Electrolux’s refurbish program.
- Maintain inventory accuracy, parts organization, and proper disposal of scrap.
- Utilize Excel to record work orders in a timely manner.
- Communicate and meet regularly with management and warehouse team.
- Recarton appliances to move back into good stock.
- Receive, grade, and build scratch and dent product into loads for resale.
- Perform additional duty assigns within Reverse Logistics.
- Be an active participant in continuous improvement and lean practices.
- Adhere to Electrolux’s standards of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Foster Electrolux’s core competencies of agility, openness, energy, and growth.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures to create a safe, secure, clean, and productive work environment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Ability to move heavy appliances and lift to 100 lbs. required
- Trade School or equivalent experience preferred
- 2-3 years of technical repair experience preferred
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft TEAMS, Excel, and WMS preferred
- Fork-lift or clamp-truck certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (UPDATE AS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION)
- Ability to move heavy appliances, sometimes awkward in size and shape, and lift to 100 lbs.
- PPE is required to be worn in the RDC: Steel toed boots, safety vest, anti-cut gloves, and protective eyewear.
- All COVID-19 safety precautions must be followed (such as: face masks, social distancing, and temperature screenings)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.