Service Technician, Catering and Laundry Equipment - Birmingham
Consumer & Customer Care
Luton, United Kingdom
Being part of the Electrolux Professional team means
one day is never the same as the next. What drives us every day is our mission
to make our customers’ work-life easier, more profitable – and truly
sustainable. Becoming the OnE trusted partner, managing their complete
operations. Understanding their daily journey – and making it a winning one -
whether they run a hotel, restaurant, laundry or café.
Acting in a truly sustainable way means going beyond just products; connecting users with intelligence, humans with technology and innovative thinkers with relevant business models. And providing the most inclusive service offering with expertise, state-of-the-art interfaces and the best people network.
Together with you, we will grow and create sustainable experiences for people and the world around us, in food, beverage and laundry. Electrolux Professional – we are The OnE.
As Service Technician, your role is to effectively maintain and repair customers Food / Cooking / Laundry equipment with minimum supervision in an efficient and professional manner.
To reflect the professional company image through all communications and actions, both internally and externally.
Being a brand ambassador to ‘Essentia’ the Electrolux after sales department.
Pre - Sales:
• To support site installations to ensure that all installations are completed to the necessary standards Sales
• To identify sales opportunities within customer base by promoting products and services (being an ambassador for the company)
• To liaise with the Sales Department on new business opportunities identifying the needs of a customer for accessories and consumables
• To ensure that the department continually strives to exceed customer expectations and delivers customer satisfaction by adhering to a stand by rota
• To develop strong customer relationships
• To monitor your workload and suggest any adjustments to stock holding that would improve the first time fix rate
• To adhere to all current Health & Safety requirements and satisfy the company’s legal obligations
• To complete all company records and documentation in a timely manner
• To continually improve product knowledge and product familiarisation through onsite training, office based training, the website as part of your own self-development.
• To carry out any other miscellaneous duties / projects as required
ATTITUDE & DISPOSITION
• Motivated and self reliant
• Flexible and adaptable
• Professional and diplomatic in their dealings with internal and external clients
• High degree of commitment to the position and the company
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• PC literate, with experience of Lotus Notes, e-mail, Internet
• At least 1 years experience in a laundry maintenance environment
• Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness
• A recognised Electrical / Engineering qualification or relevant experience
• A pass in CCLNG1 and CLE1 ACS
• Looking at completing 16th Edition regulations course if not already completed
• Some IT skills
• Must be competent to work on all 3 phase electrical installations, you may have worked on laundry equipment, cooking equipment, / Coffee Machines, or any similar technical product.
• Must have a working knowledge of basic plumbing in copper and plastic
• Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams
• Must be Gas Certified
NICE TO HAVE
• CONGLP1PD LPG Safety Perm Dwellings
• Ware Washing experience
• Competent to work on microwave appliances
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Good time management skills with the ability to think ahead, anticipate deadlines and plan in advance
• Able to prioritise workload on a continuous basis, and review priorities in order that both urgent and important tasks are accomplished
• Able to contribute in a team environment, but can be independent in areas of own responsibility
• Strong verbal communication skills, ability to influence others
• Strong written communication skills
• Must be able to work on own initiative