Shop Floor Connectivity Technician
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Shop Floor Connectivity Technician will be responsible
to maintain the OPC environment via the management of Kepware and OPC Router
solutions. This includes technical
support, software upgrades, optimizing performance and delivery of all OPC and
RFID solutions for the Springfield factory.
This position will work closely with the IT/OT Technical leader, site
and regional IT infrastructure teams and other internal customers to ensure a
stable and high-performing OPC environment.
- Responsible to guarantee high availability for OPC solutions.
- Maintain KEPServerEX OPC and OPC Router software including software upgrades, license management, performance management and other duties as assigned in the support of the OPC environment.
- Follow change management processes.
- Drive to resolution problem tickets reported by customers.
- Participate in on-call rotation, urgent issue solution and MES promotions during non- business hours; test and validate to ensure availability of systems upon production startup.
- Support testing and deployment of MES solution throughout the Springfield factory.
- Configure Kepware tags and support the MES project in the testing and promotion process; the primary focus always being to protect the production environment of the shop floor.
- Develop, test and deploy OPC Router solutions that support literature print, quality and other solutions that support the shop floor.
- Create a highly collaborative environment
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering a.nd other technical teams in the resolution of issues and the design and delivery of additional solutions or enhancements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Engineering (Industrial, Mechatronic, Electromechanical)
or Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing equipment connectivity or similar position.
- Experience in a factory environment and knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Experience in delivering on-site manufacturing software implementations.
- Understanding of PLC functions and ladder logic.
- Demonstrated skills with OPC environments, specifically Kepware and OPC Router software.
- Knowledge of MES systems functionality and connectivity requirements.
- Good knowledge of industrial engineering, manufacturing, and lean process.
- Basic Knowledge of industrial printers, RFID readers, PLCs, HMIs, etc.
- Passion for innovation and digitalization; creative, curious, and problem solver.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross functional partnerships to make effective decisions.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Strong communication and writing skills.