Site Continuous Improvement Leader
The Electrolux Manufacturing System enables a continuous
improvement culture to deliver outstanding customer & consumer experiences
with a competitive cost structure. The EMS Leader will lead operational improvement and
cultural development at our new Refrigeration facility in Anderson, South Carolina. (2700 people, multi
shift facility). A member of the site leadership team, the role will lead a
team of EMS engineers to deliver higher levels of Safety, Quality, Cost,
Delivery performance and ensure that results are sustained. This position will drive and coach the
application of EMS principles, process and behaviors to deliver site strategy. Communication
skills and credibility at all levels of the site organization are needed. With high levels of acumen and the
ability to devise improvement strategy, this leader will bring energy, drive, and
results to Anderson operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, promote, and facilitate the use of CI / EMS within operational areas so that it becomes a "part of the culture" at the new facility.
- Support launch initiatives and strategic goal & objective creation to ensure high impact opportunities for lean process are identified.
- Facilitate standard creation to enable high performing teams to achieve superior SQCDP performance.
- Develop, and play a hands-on execution role in the EMS plan, linked to the business plan and strategic priorities with robust sustainable lean processes. Own the execution (impact, timeline and dependencies and sustainability of project results).
- Drive the education & development of CI skills, competencies, and effectiveness among key project stakeholders.
- Drive Standardization and continuous improvement of the EMS/ CI principles, tools and practices.
- Identify automation / digital waste elimination opportunities and implement solutions to realize demonstrable efficiency.
- Increase employee engagement and involvement through simple daily CI methods.
- Bachelor degree required; Engineering / IT degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years leading lean transformations with associated financial and non financial results
- Large facility, Multi Shift, Lean transformation Experience (Circa 1000+ Employees)
- Multi level people development experience
- Master degree preferred
- Formal lean training / certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strategic prioritization: able to identify and prioritize key process improvement opportunities in line with needs using financial and non-financial metrics.
- Ability to set improvement goals to impact area needs.
- Analytical problem solving: able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data.
- Analysis of ‘as-is’ state, ‘to-be’ state, gap analysis, prioritized waste and development appropriate CI countermeasures to deliver improved performance. Clear understanding of principles that guide tool selection.
- Proven ability to take responsibility for leading, directing, and managing change. Can determine a vision of the future state and provides direction, focus and drive during the change process.
- Strong advocate and catalyst for change, providing resources, removing barriers and leading or supporting others leading change.
- Able to influence cross functionally without direct authority.
- Planning ability over all time horizons; is able to shift (as required) between the need for detailed day-to-day planning up to and including the ability to develop strategic improvement plans for own area of responsibility.
- Developing performance measurement: ensures key performance indicator systems are consistently tracking the right measures and provoking the right responsive behavior.
- Ensures improved performance of CI initiatives are sustained post intervention.
- Delivers results through others by energizing teams and encouraging creativity and ownership.
AUDIT & OBSERVATION:
- Ability to evaluate processes from a purpose, process, and people perspective to identify problems, waste, or improvements.
- Knows what ‘best in class’ looks like and can articulate / communicate vision.
- Can challenge the process and thinking in a non-confrontational manner.
- Can determine ‘as-is’ organizational capability (knowledge/skills/expertise) and has the capability to teach, coach, mentor a targeted future state at multiple organizational levels.
- Coaching at multiple levels with the ability to contextualize use of EMS / CI principles in application.
- Achieve results through others by making better people.
- A role model for the following EMS Way behaviors: Goal Alignment, Process & Results, Commitment to Standards, Question & Challenge, PDCA Learning and Support & Recognition.
IT / DIGITAL SKILLS:
- IT Literacy to support above.
- Systems and analytics.
ELECTROLUX CORE COMPETENCIES FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
- Ambition & Drive: Drives both themselves and the business forward. Seeks responsibility beyond the requirements of their immediate role and sets challenging goals. Shows tenacity and continues to strive to reach goals, despite obstacles.
- Leading Self & Others: Sets clear individual objectives and direction for others. Clarifies priorities and provides others with means and authority to make decisions to create a culture of ownership and accountability. Engages and inspires individuals to exceed expectations.
- Deliver Results: Demonstrates tenacity and focus by continuously striving to reach goals and overcoming obstacles.
- Cross Collaboration & Networking: Encourages and promotes cross-collaboration and diversity to create greater business success.
- Acumen: Quickly gets to the core of a problem, recognizing irrelevant details and conveying complex information clearly. Anticipates and recognizes interdependencies, considers a holistic, strategic perspective and uses knowledge gained from the external business environment. Can analyze and manage complex and large amounts of information.
- Judgement & Decision Making: Exercises good judgement in making decisions, considering all the available sources of information and alternatives.
- Adaptability: Analyzes and adapts quickly to different people and situations in complex and unstable circumstances.
- Innovation & Curiosity: Proposes new and original ideas, approaches and solutions to problems. Curious about new ways of doing things and challenges own thinking beyond current practices
- Coaching Self & Others: Identifies and develops talent in individuals. Provides positive support to allow the individual to improve continuously.