Site Reliability Engineer
Take part of something special. Make our smart home story bigger and better everyday.
Site Reliability Engineer
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooling, heating, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
At Electrolux times are really exciting. We are committed to help people creating a home environment they can thrive in, a clean, safe and comfortable place effortless. We are constantly working on delivering outstanding results with connected appliances, electronics, open innovation and core innovative technologies.
Our Global Connectivity organisation is looking for our next Site Reliability Engineer to join our cool team and shape for the better how living in a smart home can be! As a Site Reliability Engineer you own and develop the infrastructure needed for the Electrolux Connectivity Platform (ECP) and supporting services. You are also responsible for making sure the services included in the ECP platform have the characteristics and qualities needed for the intended use.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
You will work to understand the operational requirements (OLA’s) and develop an infrastructure architecture and tools that meet these requirements. You will monitor the performance of the system and refine the management of the infrastructure from both a performance and cost perspective so that it is optimal and balanced at all times.
You will also work closely with our DevOps teams to deliver efficiently by empowering them with excellent tools that you develop. These might be for example monitoring tools, infrastructure pipeline components etc.
You have the capacity to advise developer/architect about infrastructural questions, to proactively work in the SRE team.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are life by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
International. You are used to a global environment with colleagues all over the world.
Great listener and communicator. You will join a truly global team and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
Proactive. You are keen for the new experience, responsibility, and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
Creative. You like to explore new ways of thinking and you are oriented towards innovation.
Teamwork oriented. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility, valuing and leading teamwork approach.
Mentoring others. You enjoy helping others grow, always keen to share your knowledge and hear out other perspectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree computer science / information technology / engineering.
• Several years of experience with dynamic, web-scale cloud architectures.
• Experience within this stack would be beneficial: node.js, Kafka, kubernetes on IBM cloud, Google, Amazon and Azure components. Atlassian suite of tools, Jenkins, Splunk, Prometheus.
• Interested in IoT and smart home, maybe with a special interest in your own smart home automation.
Dedicated Talent Acquisition Partner: Maria Redin