Software Development Engineer
Business Unit – Consumer Experience Organization
Reports To - Embedded Technology Team Manager
Your Team/Your Role
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooling, heating and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Development Engineer, Software
We are now looking for a development engineer (software) who wants to grow and develop both the role, our organization and yourself!
We believe you are someone who enjoys creating innovative, verified technical solutions for new products with the right cost and quality. You feel energized when you find the solution to a problem and you enjoy collaborative efforts working towards a common goal.
A Typical Day
· Participate in product development electronic projects within Electrolux Wellbeing Organization
· Develop and improve embedded software solutions for products in the small appliance field, such as vacuum cleaners, battery vacs, air purifier etc.
· Create and design test setups for software unit and system test
· Implement new and robust product software designs
· Evaluate test results and create new solutions and improvements
· Interested in working in a multinational environment with different cultures
· Provide support inside the Embedded technology department
Who You Are
Collaborative and proactive – You enjoy working in teams, sharing and learning from others. In projects you manage yourself and take initiatives when they arise
Curious and innovative – You like to take things apart, analyze and understand what makes it work in order to enhance and improve upon it. You enjoy going out of defined structures to see things from a new perspective
Energetic and result driven – You like running projects in parallel, focusing on different tasks, and seeing the fruit of your work come to life
Education and Experience:
You have a graduate
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar knowledge level.
Embedded Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
1~3 years of experience in software development for embedded designs.
• Software development for embedded designs
• Knowledge in hardware electronic design and measurement equipment
• Working with development tools such as Subversion, Jenkins, Bugzilla, Jira etc
• 8-bit and 32-bit (ARM Cortex) MCU architecture
• Skills in C/C++
• Creative and pro-active in translating knowledge into proposals for improvements
• Excellent ability to work in cross-functional and international teams.
• Ability to run several projects in parallel
• Process and target oriented e
• Embedded Software basic knowledge
• Fluency in English, written and oral
• Good analytical skills
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely