Software Development Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The software development engineer will be responsible for the development and release of functionality software for North American Fabric Care products which includes residential washer and dryers. You will lead the functional software development related to the cycles of the washing machine and tumble dryer and work closely with other teams within R&D to ensure cycle programs meet the product specification.
- Continuously improve the software verification process in accordance with company standards & procedure
- Promptly support the quality and service department in case of software issues found in the market
- Create and maintain software specifications
- Coordinate software validation testing
- Identify and resolve bugs through digital validation tools prior to releasing to lab for physical testing
- Work closely with firmware team to ensure software compatibility
- Ensure machines on test are continuously updated with the latest software version
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of programming experience in C or C+
- Experience developing software for consumer products
- Ability to work with global teams to develop new software
- Experience with de-bugging software and virtual software validation tools
- Required Languages: English