Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
ELECTROLUX FOOD PREPARATION GLOBAL R&D PRESENTS
For us going to work
Software Engineer – Rothenburg o.d. Tauber, Germany
We are looking for a Software Engineer that will join our R&D Department in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany and who will get to shape the future of cooking. What you also need to know from us is that what makes us stand apart in this respect is building products both
Our lab in Germany is part of a network of labs spread across the world - the other two ones are in the US and China and you will also be in close connection with our colleagues in
As Software Engineer you will be responsible for software design and software maintenance of the electronic platform of the relevant subsystem.
• Write SW specification starting from
• Create reliable SW solutions in compliance with internal SW development guidelines for embedded HW platforms
• Write SW in a modular way, to be reused as much as possible across different HW platforms
• Define and execute
• Observe the embedded design market, new technologies
• Analyze quality data coming from the market, identify
• Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should like to work in groups as well as on your own.
• Proactive. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux departments on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
• Traveling is in your DNA. You want to explore the business world across geographies.
Education & experience
• Experience in software development
• Thorough background in Software Engineering.
• Sophisticated habit in using VCS.
• Thorough background in Software Design Patterns.
• Drive for Clean Code and Software Quality (
• Understanding of Continues Integration/Delivery/Deployment.
• Linux experience is a plus.
• UML know-how.
• Basic understanding of embedded hardware and microcontroller (bare-metal) programming.
• Background in
• Knowledge of international safety standards for household appliances is a plus.
• Fluent English, German is a plus.
ABOUT ELECTROLUX GROUP
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. Read more about what we do here: http://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/