Software / Firmware Engineer
The Product Engineer, Electronics Software/Firmware will be primarily responsible for the design and development of new embedded electronics devices that will drive innovative controls and control systems in consumer appliances. As an integral member of the Cooking Electronics Team located in Springfield Tennessee, the successful candidate will provide the technical expertise in software development from conceptualization through production.
- Independently designs software/firmware for electronic controls and control systems having significant technical content.
- Develops software specifications based off of a variety of requirement inputs including consumer, marketing and industrial design, and product specification.
- Leads and participates in all stages of the embedded software development cycle, such as software design, coding, debugging, verification, validation, etc.
- Performs software design review and code review.
- Performs static code analysis, white-box testing, gray-box testing and involved in preparation and execution of firmware verification and validation testing.
- Develops PC based user interface software allowing engineers to configure, debug, and diagnose the embedded boards.
- Develops detailed engineering documentation including software design document, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices and manufacturing procedures.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. M.S. degree is a plus.
- Strong education background, or proven experience in developing embedded firmware, preferably in a consumer appliance product R&D environment.
- Design/programming experience in C firmware for embedded system.
- Familiar with microcontroller based embedded system and development environment/tools is a plus. Experience with IAR is a plus.
- Must be capable to test/debug the firmware with oscilloscope, debuggers, and emulators.
- Willing to follow team’s direction on software architecture and other software development processes. Ability to improve processes is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with white-box testing, static code analysis, and IEC/UL60730 safety class B software are desired.
- Experience with software configuration management is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with electronics hardware design is a plus.