Software Project Engineer
Think it? Dream it? Do it.
Software Project Engineer: Vallenoncello, Italy
The world of professional appliances is undergoing the electronic revolution. Increasingly advanced electronic boards and control algorithms are more and more enabling new features and performance levels that are supporting product leadership with truly innovative content.
As a Firmware engineer, you will be joining the Global Electronics Team of Electrolux Professional. Highly qualified engineers with many years of experience coming from different backgrounds and experiences are supporting product development globally and across categories.
You will have the opportunity to apply your seniority in SW/FW development to the realization of innovative control system solutions where FW & SW play a fundamental role to deliver products that are providing unique customer benefits and clear market advantage.
You will be working in a cross-functional team, with a focus on the design and development of advanced UIs, appliance controls, and connectivity by applying SQA and Model-Based Design methodologies.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the definition of FW/SW strategy and architectures in order to ensure faster, more robust and reliable performance delivery.
A regular day at work
As SW Project Engineer your responsibilities will be:
• Design and support architecture definition (including safety-relevant classified SW)
• Create and validate SW modules as defined in the control system specification requirements for taking care of their design and development (technical specification, debugging, functional tests)
• Support definition of project timing by estimating effort and workload: owner of SW modules development schedule
• Design SW for HW testing: Low-level integration test HW / SW
• Proactively participate in system and subsystem reviews
• Proactively drive and support technical code reviews ensuring best practices are adhered to.
• Proactively support the development of detailed electronics/electrical design and test specifications
• Design appropriate testing and evaluation of electronics designs and concepts to meet the specified function/features, quality and cost targets
• Supply all technical input for product literature, labels, technical manuals, etc.
• Proficient project management skills
• Able to work and deliver under pressure in cross-functional teams
• Strong technical leadership and team working ability, eager to face complex projects
• Results oriented
Education, experience, technical requirements
• Electronics or Information Technology Engineering bachelor’s degree;
• Programming languages: C, C++ proficiency (including development environments and debuggers) a must.
• Linux scripting and recipes compilation for OS customization at an embedded board.
• C#, Python and other high-level languages are a plus.
• Significant experience (>4yr) at developing embedded systems: OS Linux Embedded, RTOS, schedulers, RealTime signal acquisition, and processing. Debugging and validation with different microprocessor families and toolsets
• Experience (>3yr) in SW integration on boards for controlling appliances (OS Kernel, OS framework, Board Support Package)
• Knowledge of and experience with version control and issue tracking systems: GIT
• Capability to prepare SW application to be used for a testing purpose like communication testing, integration testing
• Experience (3yr) with and knowledge of known communication protocol architectures
• Experience with advanced UI design (e.g. graphic TFT) and Nokia QT a plus
• UML modeling
• SW Unit testing capability