Software QA Test Engineer
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
ELECTROLUX GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY & TECH PRESENTS
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooling, heating and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Software QA Test Engineer – St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
Consumer experience innovation drives everything we do when we design, develop and market products and solutions. Electrolux is delivering into the market a smart connected appliance ecosystem, for a best-in-class shopping and ownership experience.
We offer you a Software QA Test Engineer role in a world leader company that is going through a digital transformation. We hope that you would like to join our journey towards a more connected society, and you enjoy a multi-functional and international working environment.
As Software QA Test Engineer you will be part of the Software Quality Assurance team within the Global Connectivity & Technology Center in St. Petersburg (Russian Federation) and you will be managing the execution of system tests, integration tests and acceptance tests according to software release planning for Connected Services, IoT products and Smart Appliances.
You will work closely with the Project Management, Global Connectivity Development, Global Quality Assurance, Global Connectivity Architecture teams.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
• Take care about the test lab data preparation, test analysis and test case design as per product release notes and business requirements specifications.
• Create the test suites and test plans.
• Run test executions and record their results with the test management system.
• Follow up with development team on bug fixes and perform confirmation and regression testing.
• Participate in the development of test documentation.
• Provide test reports on release or project testing status to the Software Quality Assurance team.
• Collaborate with the SQA cross-functional teams both within the GC&T center and outside.
• International. You are working within a global environment with colleagues all over the world.
• Great listener and communicator. You will join a truly global team and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
• Proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• Creative. Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence.
• Teamwork oriented. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility, valuing and leading tea work approach.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Telematics.
• High talented graduates are eligible for this position.
• General SQA and testing skills, including white box testing and component testing.
• Knowledge of Atlassian Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence products.
• Knowledge of at least one programming language among C/C++, Java, C#, Python. Capability to understand the code structure.
• Previous experience with electronics and microcontroller-based systems is a plus.
• Good command on computer network theory, knowledge of communication protocols.
• Familiar with Linux.
• Knowledge of MS Windows OS, MS Office 365 and MS-SQL Server is a plus.
• Knowledge of Postman, SoapUI or similar utilities is a plus.
• Knowledge of Jenkins integration server is a plus.
• The ideal candidate will ultimately be passionate about quality assurance and testing a smart connected appliance ecosystem.
• Creative and open-minded person with a great team spirit and willingness to cooperate closely with Electrolux cross-functional teams.
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with curiosity and attention to detail.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Solid English is considered mandatory for this role