Software Quality Assurance Manager
Software Quality Assurance Manager (m/f/x)
Forlì, Italy – permanent contract
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Your role is to lead the Software Quality function with the Global Electronics Organization as part of the Firmware/Software Competency center. Contribute to its setup and grown, establish the working process, being part of further recruitment and interact with all the necessary stakeholders to find agreement on processes, responsibilities, interactions.
If you are passionate about innovation, own a management attitude, confident in with the management of processes for Software Quality in complex organization, you are familiar with continuous improvements concepts and modern Software Factory methodologies and you are proactive leader and a self-starter with a mature management experience, this is the job for you
Your main tasks:
· Act as an ambassador and leader with vision for our Quality and Reliability service propositions in the software domain based on in depth technical expertise and extensive working experience.
· Take ownership to drive the implementation and growth of Software Quality capabilities and strategies (e.g. process analysis and design, Software-FMEA, fault prevention, detection and removal, test design and automation, etc.) in various projects to enable development of reliable software
· Propose impactful improvement strategies and gain support of business line R&D partners for their execution.
· Lead improvement projects to implement sustainable changes.
· You grow the SQA team and services delivered to businesses to a structural level and build a reputation of specialist “go-to” service center
· Lead a team of SW QUALITY ENGINEERS to define and coordinate the execution of defined software tests, performs defect verification, and performs beta and release testing which may require research and analysis.
· Control fully the operation for running and managing automated tests and design and control software quality processes
· Completes documentation and procedure for release and maintenance
· Have wide delegation and he receive little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
· Responsible for managing and supervising software tests of embedded systems development
· Responsible for the quality of the TEST output, respect of timing, schedule, and costs, assuming project management responsibilities.
· Responsible for creating new TEST concepts incorporating customer inputs and utilizing new technologies. Designs, develops, troubleshoots and test TEST ACTIVITIES for software enhancements and new products.
· Participate in the recruiting efforts for SW QUALITY engineers as required. Participate in department budgeting activities as required. Responsible for personnel activities of the group.
· Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
· May supervise the activities of other SUPERVISORS and team leaders
· Master's Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
· 5-10 years of experience in a similar role is required.
· Experience within a complex international organization is mandatory
· Experience working with formal project management is nice to have, remote project management is nice to have.
· Experience in technical leadership of Software Quality Assurance
· Experience with a Software Quality Processes: continuous integration, SCRUM, test methodologies, test management tools (JIRA, X-RAY, etc.)
· Knowledge in C language programming in Embedded Environment
· Knowledge in Electronics hardware.
· Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
· Knowledge of firmware version management systems.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.