Purchasing & Sourcing
Hong Kong, China
Imagine what you could do where we’re making the world a better place.
Who You Are
You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
What a Typical Day
A member of Global Sourcing Operations, reporting to the OEM Global Sourcing Director. The role of the Consumables and Accessories Sourcing Manger is to implement the Group Purchasing strategies, developed in line with the Sector Product Boards, for Consumables and Accessories products globally, whilst supporting the local Product Category organizations in each Sector to ensure the cost- effective, timely sourcing and procurement of quality products and their effective introduction to the market- place. The role involves a certain amount of relationship building and project management for sourced C&A products.
Key Operational Responsibilities
• Drive the implementation of Group Purchasing strategies for C&A Globally.
To regularly review & evaluate existing suppliers to improve the total cost of C&A products, actively liaising with Group Purchasing functions;
• The identification & evaluation of potential alternative suppliers globally in particular Asian region, closely liaising with the Global Sourcing organization;
• To actively participate and drive consumables and accessory projects and product development projects while owning the Product Line (PL) budgets and coordinate all purchasing issues within the Sectors.
• To ensure regular assessments of suppliers' quality, supply chain reliability and financial capabilities are carried out. Whilst also taking a proactive approach to driving supplier improvement initiatives, particularly regarding • Supply Chain and total Quality;
• To conduct negotiations with suppliers & place commercial contracts as required by Global Purchasing;
• To ensure consistent compliance of Global purchasing procedures with established Group Purchasing procedures;
• Manage/Drive Sector Supplier Price and Payment Terms KPI to improve Net Operating Working Capital (NOWC) ;
• Create/Development and implementation of Product Line category strategy in agreement with the Sector business objectives and Product Line Generation Plan;
• Lead and manage the relationship and interface with suppliers, who can provide technological innovations and continuous improved quality applicable to Electrolux products and processes;
• Build relationship and business approach with each sector. Product Line teams
• Partial or Full Qualification in Professional Purchasing;
1-3 years of experience in the Home Appliance industry is a preferred asset;
• Capability to deal with top management, internally and externally;
• Strong communication and relationship skills, in order to assume a highly visible interface role vis-à-vis internal and external business partners;
• Outstanding team playing skills;
• Demonstrated leadership ability including strategic business acumen, ability to inspire and motivate people, orientation to action, courage to innovate and make tough decisions, excellent follow-up and follow-through skills;
• In-depth international business experience, preferably in Purchasing;
• Proven skill in the areas of negotiation, project management, change management, influencing, negotiation, collaboration and team building, self-direction, team development and the ability to create profitable working relationships;
• Knowledge of Supply Chain and Quality systems, with the ability to support and effect change within both fields, an asset;
• A person who has the ability to effect change, with a bias for action and the fortitude to challenge the status quo with a results-oriented sense of urgency, while approaching change with respect for the organization and its past;
• Strong organizational skills, which ensure that ideas are converted into deliverable projects and tasks, within agreed time and budget parameters;
• Energetic, creative, mature, flexible;
• Ability to lead and influence people who do not report directly;
• Ability to manage conflict;
• Available for frequent travel throughout Asia;
• English language is a must any other languages are a plus;