Purchasing & Sourcing
Position ID: req18827
Sector: Global Operations
Functional Area: Purchasing & Sourcing
Location: Shunde or Shanghai
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: Associate Sourcing Director
Employment Type: Permanent
Apply By: 14 Oct, 2019
Sitting within the Global Operations function, Global Sourcing Operations (GSO) is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Management, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Home Comfort, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from the APAC and European regions. With an expected annual volume in excess of 23M units sourced the GSO has supported the delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place to maintain the growth trend.
Within the GSO structure there is an opportunity for the position of Sourcing Manager. The candidate is responsible for Fabric Care & Dish Care Sourcing for the delegated business area.
This position is a key member of the Fabric Care & Dish Care Sourcing Team at Electrolux Global Sourcing Operations.
The role of the Sourcing Manager is to identify, develop and manage new suppliers, as well as maintain existing supplier relationships and drive projects aligned with group sourcing strategies.
The Sourcing Manager will work with the Electrolux product managers, project managers, R&D, Supply Chain, Quality and OEM/OTS Suppliers to ensure the best optimal sourcing results of cost, quality, on-time delivery and innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
¨ Drive the implementation of Group Purchasing strategies for Finished Goods purchasing
¨ Be a trusted sourcing partner for the regional / global product line as well for the Fabric Care & Dish Care Sourcing team
¨ Drive a collaborative and 360 supplier relationship that ensures the best value for Electrolux
¨ Review and evaluate the existing Sourcing strategies on key products to ensure compliance with the developing needs of the Sales Markets and Product Line organizations of the region
¨ Continuously evaluate the supply base, to identify and execute on risks and opportunities (including product, quality, supply chain, cost, and co-existence)
¨ Conducts end to end sourcing process (from RFQ creation, negotiation, business award and contract creation, negotiation and management)
¨ Create and improve product cost models to be used in supplier negotiations and risk and opportunity analysis
¨ Actively participate in various projects including product development, make or buy, re-sourcing and cost out projects
¨ Ensure consistent compliance of Purchasing procedures in line with the Group policies and directives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Integrity of the highest standards
- High ambition and drive, willing to go the extra mile to deliver strong results
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- A pro-active self starter that can manage him/her self but also others
- Able to easily adjust priorities and work in a dynamic environment
- High resilience and able to perform under presure
- Great business accumen that allows good judgement and decsion making
- A Collaborator and strong Communicator who is able to build a strong network across functions and suppliers
- Able to interact and build relationships at top management level (internally and externally)
- Has a strong stakeholder focus
- Able to quickly learn and gain new competence where needed
- Share knowledge and coach to support the own growth and the growth of others
- Knowledge and experience:
- Business University Degree, preferably with additional qualifications in professional purchasing
- Worked in an international matrix organization, in a product design and manufactering environment (preferably white goods)
- Minimum 5 years functional experience e.g. in purchasing, commercial, quality, supply chain
- Affinity with Fabric Care & Dish Care products (Washers and dryers, Dishwashers etc)
o Must be available for regular travel throughout China, with additional frequent travel across APAC and Europe
• Chinese (highly preferred)
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2013 Electrolux had sales of $15.1 billion and 61,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
SECTOR DESCRIPTIONElectrolux has market-leading positions in Australia and New Zealand and is expanding into growth markets in Southeast Asia and China. With a history that spans over 90 years of Swedish design innovation, Electrolux continues to offer contemporary and thoughtfully designed appliances that cater to the expanding middle-class in these growth markets.