Purchasing & Sourcing
Sector/Function: Product Sourcing – Global Ops
Work Location: Shunde
Position: Manager, Product Sourcing
Reporting to: Director – Product Sourcing
Product Sourcing is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Leadership, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Home Comfort, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Fabric Care, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from the Asia Pac and European regions.
Within the Product Sourcing Sourcing team, there is an opportunity for the position of Senior Sourcing Manager, Food Preservation. The candidate is responsible for sourcing of OEM & ODM Food Preservation (incl. Refrigerators, Freezers, Wine Coolers, Beer Cooler, Ice Maker, etc) products across the region for all Electrolux Major Appliance business entities in the Electrolux Group. Managing a widespread supply base across Business Areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· As a key member in the Food Preservation Finished Products Sourcing team, responsible for supporting to develop and implement sourcing strategies, processes for Asian based supply
· Contribute to develop the strategic sourcing vision for Finished Products within scope in conjunction with Global Experience Board (GXB) and Stakeholders from APAC MEA Business Area (BA) .
· Develop & Maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers, and internal business and functional stakeholders.
· Secure and maintain Contracts with Asia Pacific based Finished Product suppliers within scope.
· Establish current and long-term objectives and set adequate plans for the future, including the development of Suppliers to meet Group requirements for Cost, Quality, Delivery Reliability, Product Development and improvement, Code of Conduct and Environmental Compliance.
· Ascertain a high level of ongoing supplier performance relative to Project Implementation, Quality and Demand Flow supporting the functional teams as required.
· Ensure to roll out sourcing plans against APAC MEA BA and GXB plans, regular supply market reviews and sourcing strategy reviews, including providing support and direction to APAC MEA BA Sourcing projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Degree in Engineering or Business with a relevant technical equivalent, with at least 6 years working experience in Purchasing or Operational Supplier management or equivalent. Hands on experience in strategic supplier management or commodity management an advantage.
· In-depth industries knowledge and experience within the areas of Quality systems, Demand Flow and Change Management. Working knowledge of placing and working with Sourcing contracts.
· Preferable knowledge of working within the white goods or consumer appliance industry. In the field experience within major appliance businesses like Refrigeration, Air-conditioning, Cooking device would be a benefit.
· Solid experience and capability to work in environment of changes, with can-do attitude and ability to visualize and drive completion of corporate targets
· Strong character with outstanding interpersonal skills, able to work seamlessly within a multi national and cross functional team.
· Prepared and able to work within a high paced and diverse, Global business environment.
· Willing to take exceptional commitment to the organization and results oriented.
· Drive self and the buisness forward with strong learning agility. Ability to manage conflict and ambiguity.
· Analyse information efficiently, solve problems and make sound decisions.
· A highly capable professional, influencer and communicator. Skilled at interacting and aligning with people at all levels across the company as well as external suppliers, and dealing with cultural differences.
· Willing to travel extensively within China and Asia, with some international long haul travel.
• Fluent spoken and written English, & Chinese (Putonghua) would be a plus