Spare Parts & Operations Manager
Consumer & Customer Care
The objective of this role is to drive at a Country level the development of the aftermarket sales business and for delivering aggressive plans to grow sales and profit results. The primary focus of the Spares and Services Manager will be more on the spares ordering process setup, process assurance, data availability, spares development, new services, out-of-warranty repairs, extended warranty, pricing, and engaging in all product development projects.
The Spares and Services Manager will interface and work with a variety of direct and indirect channel selling organizations including local country sales and key account sales, Direct and Indirect service organizations, Vertical Commerce (managing sales and marketing of Aftermarket Web shops “B2B-D2C”), large retail and e-mail accounts, distributors and wholesalers.
The strong collaboration with the Service organization is key to ensure a strong accelerated growth of the Spares and Services business. The role will also interface with the four key Aftermarket APAC Business Segments within Ownership Solutions & Aftermarket Sales: Spares, Consumables & Accessories, Extended
Warranties/Services and B2C web shop/E-Commerce.
A Typical Day
- Increase sales and profit of company’s Aftermarket products and Services and achieve the agreed targets.
- Responsible for analysis and synthesis of markets, business segments, competitors and channels and customers in order to identify and prioritize opportunity areas for expansion of Aftermarket products and services
- To plan sales and promotion activities, together with the marketing team and APAC&MEA Aftermarket Business Segments
- To develop an effective aftersales strategy to attract new & additional sales opportunity for B2B business.
- To create and prepare proposals for potential customers, ensuring that all likely additional costs relating to the sale or event have been assessed accurately and communicated.
- Set Pricing strategy for all after services channels (spares, accessories, Consumables and B2B) through Company Pricing system.
- Work closely and effectively with the spares planning and production teams when needed in order to ensure that all B2B contracts are delivered at a high standard and in due time.
- Responsible for implementation of pricing strategies across the different Spares in line with APAC&MEA Business Segments and APAC&MEA Pricing Team
- Grow and develop the Aftermarket sales P&L from Spares, EW and Out of Warranty Repairs
- Develop and launch Sales programs for Spares, EW and Out of Warranty repairs in Consumer Service (from Cost Center to Profit Center)
- Drive the “monetize/sales” mindset into the different functions in the Country.
Who You Are
- Strategic thinking and Business Analysis
- Data Management
- Operational Resilience
- Guidance and Advice
- Technical Acumen
- Issue Management, Crisis and Risk Communication
- Financial Reporting
- Compliance & Governance
- Service and operation Excellence
- Proven products knowledge and good analysis capabilities
- Proven track record in building new business or accelerating growth of small business
- Excellent English command, ability and desire to communicate with APAC management and colleagues in other clusters
- Business / result oriented
- Ambitious and motivated to perform and deliver outstanding results
- Strong execution capabilities
- Ability to operate within a matrix environment that is highly dependent on effective cross-functional collaboration
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent required.
At least 4-5 years of professional experience in consumer-focused companies in technical/spares business.