Spring 2022 Group Manufacturing Engineering COOP
CO-OP – GROUP MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
Our future is determined by the way we all live our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea, every product and every human interaction.
We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
Electrolux has been doing
business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the
Electrolux share ELUX is listed on Nasdaq OMX
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world.
CO-OP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Electrolux is fully committed to delivering
the best possible experience for each cooperative education student and provide
them the necessary tools to learn and grow in their chosen field. Our co-op
program will provide young talent the opportunity to gain technical and
professional skills to begin their careers. At Electrolux, we provide a “best
in class” cooperative educational experience for all student co-ops.
We are looking for co-op students who want to shape living for the better. In this three-semester rotational co-op program, students will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Utilize academic experience and apply experience to real world problems by developing their technical capabilities.
- Build on their confidence and sense of responsibility in the workplace.
- Confirm their choice of major and career with Electrolux.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, the student will have the opportunity to:
- Understand Electrolux’s purpose and operations
- Exposure to a daily base manufacturing experience
- Gain an understanding and assist in the work of various processes within group manufacturing engineering:
-New Project Introduction (NPI)
-Balancing of production lines
-Value stream mapping per platform.
-Improving and/or create workstations
Food Preservation–Cooling Systems;
-Material Handling & Plan for Every Part– Delivered to the assembly line
-Automation in current or new cells
- Training in the following functions:
-Value stream mapping
-Standard Operating procedure
-Standard work charts
-Mold flow simulations
-Electrolux Manufacturing Systems (EMS)
-Design for Manufacturing, Assembly, Safety, etc
- Assist in trial builds on the assembly line
-DVT: Design Verification Tests
-MVT: Manufacturing Verification Tests
- Assigned a specific project based on interest and skills
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four-year university or college.
- Must be enrolled in your school’s co-op program.
- Must be at least a sophomore.
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree.
- Must be able to complete all three rotational semesters.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA.