Spring 2022 Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op
implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas
of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. The successful candidate will be
a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding
the organization’s core values. He/she will work closely with the Food
Preparation Sector team on the development and continuous improvement of a
best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Typical deliverables: On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Develop and implement manufacturing processes to meet finishing/assembly process area goals (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery). Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results. (Statistical Process Control)
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) on the New Product Projects.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA.
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes.
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management.
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Current student in Engineering discipline.
- Must be enrolled in college/university's co-op program; Must be able to commit to three rotational semesters.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Problem Solving, Process Control Implementation, Continuous Improvement and OEE improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Team player.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities.