Spring 2022 Product Care Engineering COOP
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are looking for co-op students who want to shape living for the better. In this three-semester rotational co-op program, students will achieve several objectives.
- Lead and participate in major product design teams. Manage and conduct technical design aspects of a project from inception through production launch. Drive product and feature development based on marketing specifications.
- Develop project investment and cost budgets, develop milestone schedules, and execute projects within published timeline.
- Design, develop and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met.
- Initiate relevant project and change documentation Create CAD part models using CATIA V5 and Teamcenter; prepare component three-dimensional (3D) layouts, design concepts, and design drawings.
- Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to suggest and validate improvements to plastics and sheet metal components and products.
- Provide insight to engineering team specific to materials and processes used in product design.
- Lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
- Ensure the company’s competitive market advantage by developing and deploying innovative technical solutions and drive the attainment of own patents from initial concept to patent certification and implementation.
- Initiate and implement product quality improvements while ensuring safety, quality, and cost.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Working on a bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics, or other Engineering discipline.
- Have sophomore status at your university.
- Must be able to complete all three COOP rotations.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA.