Spring 2022 R&D Freezer co-op
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The individual will work within a team reporting to an Engineering Manager. He/She will participate in the design, development and testing of components and/or sub-assemblies for the purpose of New Product Development and/or Product Improvement.
- He/She will participate in the design of various metal and plastic components.
- He/She will participate in internal product and process improvement activities.
- He/She will work with/support CAD designers in the creation of 3D CAD models and 2D drawings.
- He/She will coordinate and expedite prototype parts with suppliers or model makers.
- He/She will participate in design reviews and project reviews.
- He/She will work with and provide direction for model makers, laboratory technicians and reliability technicians.
- He/She will perform other engineering related tasks as assigned by Team Leader or Engineering Manager.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Current enrollment in accredited bachelor’s program in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Capable of making presentations and providing reports on project status.
- Valid passport a plus.
- Ability to travel a plus.