Spring 2022 Research & Development Co-op
R&D COOP Job Description
WHO WE ARE:
As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at
the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG,
Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million
household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
For nearly 100 years, Electrolux has sought out to change the world for the better. We’ve strived at our company to improve gender equality and provide revolutionizing home solutions, all the while saving you countless hours on chores – giving you more room for the things you love. All of this starting with a single vacuum sale, we’ve now grown into a global leader in home and professional appliances.
Our future is determined by the way we all live our lives. That’s
why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world
around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea, every product and
every human interaction.
We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
CO-OP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Electrolux is fully committed to delivering the best possible experience for each cooperative education student and provide them the necessary tools to learn and grow in their chosen field. Our co-op program will provide young talent the opportunity to gain technical and professional skills to begin their careers. At Electrolux, we provide a “best in class” cooperative educational experience for all student co-ops.
We are looking for co-op students who want to shape living for the better. In this three-semester rotational co-op program, students will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Utilize academic experience and apply experience to real world problems by developing their technical capabilities
- Build on their confidence and sense of responsibility in the workplace
- Confirm their choice of major and career with Electrolux.
- Lead and participate in major product design teams. Manage and conduct technical design aspects of a project from inception through production launch. Drive product and feature development based on marketing specifications.
- Develop project investment and cost budgets, develop milestone schedules, and execute projects within published timeline.
- Design, develop and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met. Initiate relevant project and change documentation Create CAD part models using CATIA V5 and Teamcenter; prepare component three-dimensional (3D) layouts, design concepts, and design drawings. Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to suggest and validate improvements to plastics and sheet metal components and products.
- Provide insight to engineering team specific to materials and processes used in product design.
- Lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
- Ensure the company’s competitive market advantage by developing and deploying innovative technical solutions and drive the attainment of own patents from initial concept to patent certification and implementation.
- Initiate and implement product quality improvements while ensuring safety, quality, and cost.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Working on a bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics, or other Engineering discipline
- Have sophomore status at your university
- Must be able to complete all three COOP rotations
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.