SQI Assistant Manager, GPL Food Preservation, Group Purchasing
A Typical Day
- First contact for Supplier Quality in Product Line for assigned business area
- Support purchasing in evaluating current & new suppliers for business awards
- Support purchasing with “Value Based Sourcing” activities by evaluating supplier proposed process flow and FMEA & providing appropriate rankings.
- Support R&D for part approval with supplier cross plants, input to and feedback from suppliers
- Support R&D with Process knowledge
- Manage supplier process development for new parts to ensure quality & readiness.
- Focus on Prevention, PFMEA, PCP, PPAP documentation, Supplier readiness for SOP
- Project manage overall New program/Large program product launch from supplier quality standpoint.
- Create and Follow up Supplier action list for Product Line
- Create and Follow up Audit plan, Process audits and Follow-up based on Projects, SB activities or audit requests
- Ongoing improvements of PPM and SCR
- Strong support for Quality problem solving in collaboration with Quality
- Cross plant support for prevention and firefighting activities
- Lead and Drive Supplier Quality improvements
- Build a good relationship with Quality, local SQI, R&D and Purchasing
- Establish and drive activities to achieve the planned results.
- Provide input and feedback for Sourcing board decisions
- Create clear reporting on targets and follow up
- Monthly reporting about status and next steps, use trend lines and graphs to show progress or deterioration
- Escalate Q problems into Quality and Purchasing team if no progress or no willingness from supplier
- Communicate via verbal and written methods to report activities to SQI leadership in business area and globally.
- Provide support to other product lines (HOT & WET) as needed
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 7-10 years of experience in Quality/Supplier Quality/Supplier Development roles
- Experience in Electronics (circuit boards, wire harnesses, electronic assembly) preferred.
- Experience in Auditing manufacturing sites (ISO, Process, GSQA, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality tools (APQP, FMEA, PCP, Process capability, CpK, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem-solving tools (8D, DMAIC, Ishikawa diagram, etc.)
- CQE/CQM/Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions. You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.