Sr. Accountant - Revenue
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking an experienced Accountant to handle a variety of accounting and reporting activities. The position reports to the Accounting Manager, North America and is based in Charlotte, NC.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the general ledgers and perform month-end closing responsibilities for ledgers/reporting entities assigned.
- Perform financial analysis during close including review and explanation of large variances.
- Perform quality control procedures to ensure that ledgers are in balance and accounts are properly coded.
- Determine proper revenue recognition & implement accrual accounting for customer accounts based on contract language.
- Monitor spending by cost center through periodic preparation of actual vs. budget comparison as requested.
- Ensure that all accounting and reporting activities comply with the Electrolux Accounting Manual.
- Maintain process documentation and follow internal control procedures to ensure compliance.
- Work with external auditors on hard close and yearend financial audits.
- Compile federal and state tax information for the tax department annually.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Manager.
- Provide support to Accounting Manager as needed.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years of experience in industry or public accounting required.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Must possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement opportunities when identified.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Advanced MS Excel experience required.
- SAP and SQL experience a plus.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.