Sr. Application Analyst
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Application Analyst is responsible for analyzing, specifying, developing, testing, and documenting computer programs and other software components based on technical specifications and in line with approved organization standards. This role also assists with troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue resolution relating to existing applications.
- Assist with building or customizing programs (objects) or other software components as required, based on detailed technical specifications, and incorporating approved design and programming standards.
- Conduct unit and system testing for all development work.
- Prepare and maintain all required documentation relating to development work, in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ensure all development work is conducted in compliance with established change control procedures.
- Assist with troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue resolution tasks.
- Ensure all development tasks are conducted and completed in cooperation with other technical and functional IT staff team members.
- Maintain continuous interaction and relationships with the business process owners.
- Assist in analyzing business requirements and presenting proposed solutions.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current technical developments in area of expertise.
- Deputize for other team members where required and appropriate.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotating schedule.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required (Engineering, IT or Supply Chain related degree is preferred).
- Five (5) years of experience in application development, testing and implementation of a WMS system.
- Programming language knowledge, RPG/400, RPGILE, CLP is preferred.
- Experienced with RDBMS – DB2.
- Programming utilities: PDM, SQL, DFU, SDA, Query, SEU and MKS.
- TL Ashford label programming is preferred.
- IBM OS400 operating system experience is preferred.
- Supply Chain experience is preferred.
- SAP EWM and/or WM experience is preferred.
- Proven manufacturing business process experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information in non-technical manner.
- Experience reporting issues, status, and estimates to peers and management.