Sr Business Analyst - Supply Chain
Chain Senior Business Analyst position has the overall responsibility and
accountability for using data to inform our supply chain decisions across the
organization. Using technical skills,
business acumen and creativity, this position is responsible for automating
reports to generate business insights, managing month-end close activities,
communicating trends, forecasting, annual planning and performing business
analysis as it relates supply chain activities. In addition, the Business Analyst plays a key role by business
partnering and supporting execution of Supply Chain objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Supply Chain leadership and their teams to understand needs, ensuring that our data solutions are an excellent fit to drive profitable business behaviors and decisions.
- Lead projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that the team’s financial reporting delivers high-quality and relevant data to intelligently grow our business and improve efficiencies.
- Prepare supply chain cost analysis/standard reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to highlight key performance metrics.
- Prepare monthly forecast using valid and accurate assumptions and obtain consensus from business partners.
- Automate currently manual processes, providing data rich visualizations to promote accurate decision making.
- Develop the annual plan by collaborating with all necessary stakeholders
- Provide support, reporting, and validation for month end close process.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department on month-end journal entry data requirements and audit requests.
- Identify cost trends and make recommendations for cost out/process improvements and track results.
- Lead initiatives to enhance/automate reporting capabilities, both from financial and operational perspective.
- Resolve and follow-up on all supply chain related financial requests and inquiries by internal/external stakeholders.
- Provide analytical support to business partners in terms of collecting, analyzing, and reporting cost trends and any other ad hoc project requests.
- Prepare investment requests as needed to support business initiatives related to capital spending.
- Work closely with Commercial Business Analysts and Product Line Analysts to provide leading indicators related to supply chain cost components.
- Provide cost reporting to Sales and Product Line Managers by product line, channel, platform and at a SKU level.
- B.S.Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fields, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with data analysis or measurement reporting
- Strong analytical skills with strong cost modeling experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with BI tools (Power BI, QlikView, Tableau) a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Query
- Preferred System utilization: SAP, Oracle or other ERP systems
- Must be able to apply analytical and decision making skills without direct supervision.
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with cross functional teams and at all levels of management.
- Prior knowledge of working with supply chain preferred
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to change as well as acting as a change catalyst
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.