Sr. Commodity Manager - Information Technology
Purchasing & Sourcing
This position is responsible for building long term relationships with stakeholders within IT, Business units and supporting functions, in order to drive procurement and vendor management activities in an efficient way. The role is also responsible to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a Business Area and Global organization for the IT & Service category.
In our role, you will always have to balance demand & supply with quality in deliveries, time to market and total cost of ownership.
You will be a part of the Global IT Procurement Team and the NA Indirect Materials team. This role will have responsibility to drive IT sourcing initiatives and develop strategic vendor relationship for the Business Unit North America and for the Electrolux Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build long term relationships with stakeholders within IT, Business units and supporting functions in order to drive procurement and vendor management activities in an efficient way
- Engage with stakeholders for RFI, RFP, RFQ and evaluation processes including contract negotiations with IT suppliers.
- Leads internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Support the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area
- Determines the best in class PTP process for the various sub-commodities
- Reviews vendor agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities are approved by the legal department.
- Leads contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues
- Manages/evaluates contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and takes necessary corrective actions
- Evaluates and renews contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Assists in the implementation and expansion of procure to pay processes, procedures, and policies impacting assigned spend categories and works closely with the Accounts Payable department in order to roll out the online indirect materials purchase order system across all departments.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and helps to control the ongoing monthly costs by monitoring the expenses and comparing them to the contractual obligations.
- Represent the Business Area in the Global Category Meetings
- Defines and leads cross-functional sourcing teams
- Provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
- Manage and facilitate the collaboration within the cross-functional sourcing team
- Manage relationships / partnership with internal stakeholders during projects
- Within the framework of the cross-functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal stakeholders
- Develop and manage relationship / partnership with IT suppliers and track their performance
- Define and implement supplier performance evaluation model
- Collaborate with contract managers for supplier management activities in accordance to the supplier performance evaluation model
- Resolve supplier performance issues
- Lead supplier development activities; set up cross-functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost
- Initiate supplier audits
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations
- Align with local and global stakeholders in order to implement contract and ensure contract compliance
- Define and implement contract framework
- Track key performance indicators regarding contract compliance
- Create Service Level Agreements to mitigate business impacts vendor accountability
- Develop vendor Long Term Agreements to drive year over year cost productivity improvements
- Bachelor Degree in I, business, or other related field, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, in the IT category management or equivalent leadership experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive and Strong knowledge of the purchasing environment for IT with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies and implement changes.
- Experience from negotiating global purchasing contracts, within IT
- Hands on experience of Software, Outsourcing, Services and Telecom agreements
- Proven track record in delivering services with quality and savings through effective purchasing techniques
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
- Outstanding leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration) for IT.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results quickly
- Superior negotiation skills/strong persuasive skills
- Knowledge of IT (SW, HW, Service, Cloud) procurement
- Legal knowledge (advantage)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Some travel will be required (up to 10%)