Sr. Development Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Responsible for coordination of engineering project activities throughout the organization to effectively execute key programs in Juarez. Additionally, analyses technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other functions. Works autonomously, following established procedures and guidelines to contribute to improvement. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line development tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototyping facilities. This position has responsibility over the design, quality, continuous improvement of current and new products. Although it has no direct reports, it provides direction to many areas of the organization, including multiple project teams.
- Coordinate technical/engineering project activities throughout the organization to effectively execute key programs in Juarez, Leo, Cobra, Matador, Firefox in accordance to published targets and management expectations (cost, timeline, investment, quality, etc)
- Coordinate the stabilization of the door foam process including but not limited to door design, changeover, downtime and takt time.
- Improvements to the R600a process, including global adherence to Galileo charging, purge process, non-condensable root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Develop technical solutions of a project through product lifecycle, including scoping, designing from concept to production using Catia V5 software, creating functional prototypes, testing and design verification, introduction to the market and post launch value engineering plans.
- Provides support during a project to create the technical product documentation following the Electrolux Project Management process, that are required for project execution, such as technical specifications, test plans (DVR), DFMEA, DFM/DFA, etc.
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Effective contribution in collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related technical AS Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Proficient with CAD software, Catia V5 (preferred) or similar. Must be capable to create mechanical components, assemblies and drawings from concept up to final release.
- Proficiency in designing for automated metal forming (Stamping, roll-forming, etc.), plastic injection molding, thermoforming, and extrusion. Experience developing rigid polyurethane foam structures a plus.
- Ability to generate engineering and aesthetic specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met.
- Demonstrated experience in designing/integrating refrigeration cooling systems for automated manufacturing, ergonomic considerations, and error proofing.
- Demonstrated ability to design mechanical structures, including components and systems that are consumer facing to prescribed engineering and aesthetic specifications.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
- Demonstrated innovation for competitive advantage, through intellectual property submission, publication, and issued patents.
- Ability to align engineering and marketing objectives, with those of the business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products.
- Communication skills to serve as an agent of collaborative innovation, and quality improvement