Sr. Development Engineer - Ice & Water
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will lead the design and development of refrigerator water systems and/or sub-assemblies related to water systems across multiple product architectures. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line development tools, state-of-the-art testing, and prototyping facilities.
- Lead new water-related Module Development projects.
- Own and maintain component level and functional specifications for water components and systems.
- Lead releases/changes in the Modular Interface Guidelines document.
- Approve print changes submitted by Technology Project Leaders allocated to water management projects.
- Test and approve Articles of Acceptance to populate the technology “cupboard” for components and sub assembly systems.
- Write risk assessments and define test plans for new components and suppliers.
- Approve new components/suppliers.
- Ensure patents are cleared for any developed technology to be used and components have agency compliance certificates.
- Responsible for component cost modeling (e.g. valves, filters, tanks, hoses, connectors, etc.).
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) with a minimum of 5 years related engineering experience is required.
- Experience with the design/development, application and manufacturing of electro-mechanical type components or systems.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Catia, Solidworks, AutoCad, etc.)
- Experience with injection molded, blow molded and thermo-formed part design and manufacturing preferred
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Experience with Catia V5 design software.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/ or appliance industry is a plus.
- 6 sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or CQE is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical problem solving and improvement techniques (Kaizen, 8D, A3) is a plus.
- Experience in interfacing with multiple business entities to manage challenges and projects.