Sr. Development Engineer - Ice & Water
A person in
this position will lead the design and development of refrigerator Ice &
Water Delivery systems and/or sub-assemblies across multiple product
architectures. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of
engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, suppliers,
industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer
products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior
engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line development tools,
state-of-the-art testing and prototyping facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead new Module Development projects.
- Own and maintain component level and functional specifications for water components and systems.
- Lead releases/changes in the Modular Interface Guidelines document.
- Approve drawing changes submitted by Technology Project Leaders allocated to water management projects.
- Test and approve Articles of Acceptance to populate the technology “cupboard” for components and sub assembly systems.
- Write risk assessments and define test plans for new components and suppliers.
- Approve new components/suppliers.
- Ensure patents are cleared for any developed technology to be used.
- Ensure components have agency compliance certificates.
- Responsible/expert for component cost modeling (e.g. valves, filters, tanks, hoses, connectors, etc.).
- Travel domestically and internationally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years related engineering experience is required.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats Solid knowledge of product development processes.
- Experience with the design/development, application and manufacturing of electro-mechanical type components or systems.
- Exhibit appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Catia, Solidworks, AutoCad, etc.).
- Ability to organize and manage personal tasks and engineering team to effectively support multiple projects, for on time, on budget, and excellent quality release.
with injection molded, blow molded parts design and manufacturing.
- Experience with Catia V5 design software.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/ or appliance industry is a plus
- 6 sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or CQE is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical problem solving and improvement techniques (Kaizen, 8D, A3) is a plus.
- Experience in interfacing with multiple business entities to manage challenges and projects.
interfacing with suppliers with effective and clear communication.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.