Sr Director, Consumer Solutions
Consumer & Customer Care
Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of
the Consumer Solutions organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty is our
mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand Loyalty among
Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
The individual in this position provides strategic direction and operational leadership to Electrolux’ Consumer Solutions Product Line for Major Appliances in North America. This is a highly strategic and collaborative role that requires expansive ideas and thought leadership but also close attention to detail.
This role will closely follow the evolution of the external market in the areas of post-purchase consumer care and add-on sales, anticipate and translate these dynamics into recommendations for Electrolux, helping drive the Consumer Solutions organization on its growth path.
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
As the Product Line Sr. Director, you will develop a vision for the Product lines under your direction, translate Electrolux’ purpose and brand strategies into annual and longer-term strategic plans, in order to exceed Consumer Solutions business targets and support next generation growth plans.
You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Consumer Solutions Marketing Communications, Finance, Sales, and Major Appliance Product line teams to develop a KPI framework that supports continuous improvement of customer engagement strategies, and drives return on investment.
The role requires that you be a thought partner with executive leaders and peers, to stimulate innovative ideas about integration of multiple channels, products and technology, to create a seamless consumer experience. This means a curiosity that drives you to continuously test new strategies, tools and products to maximize performance.
- Lead development, launch, and management of new products in Consumer Solutions.
- Lead the development of business unit strategic plans designed to significantly grow revenue and EBIT
- Manage P&L for the entire business
- Provide financial forecast updates including units, sales, GP1, and EBIT
- Build programs and strong generation plans for existing businesses to drive overall topline and EBIT contribution.
- Review and approve business cases & ROI analysis for new product programs. Drives data gathering.
- Seek out new technologies and monitor changes in current products and programs.
- Works closely with project leaders in coordinating product line activities between industrial design, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, sales, channel marketing, marketing communications, packaging and finance
- Leverage relevant insights (industry, category, brand, channel, Go to Market, shopper, consumer and account) to develop a strategic agenda that drives focus and results.
- Proactively identify and quantify business gaps and deliver innovative solutions.
- Leverage internal and external relationships to drive strategic agendas, alignment and capability development for the team
- Identify, lead and develop talent, Teamship, and Product Line leadership in order to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting organization
- Recommends criteria to be used in ideas / product programs for evaluating market potential and practicality.
- Participate in consumer insight to steer product development direction for the product roadmap
- Work with Global & NA Open Innovation, Global Licensing, and external vendor partners to incubate innovation pipeline.
- Develop capital investment & outline marketing SG&A investment planning to support NPI.
- Work with sales and finance to establish pricing strategy to maximize growth, profit and market penetration
- Support sales team to increase penetration in existing sales channels and in launching new channels.
- Partner with the Consumer Solutions PMO team on management of PDR reporting, execution, schedules, and tracking of all aspects of a project from inception through production launch, including investment and cost budgets to meet financial targets.
- The role will partner with our Consumer Solutions Sourcing & Supply Chain teams to achieve product cost, productivity and quality to meet our consumer, customer and financial expectations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Powerful Communicator/Master of Priorities & Motivation/Driven for Results
- You have a strong understanding of engineering principles, project management and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features.
- A creative, committed, and resourceful leader who solves problems on a daily basis.
- Owning and leading a project from inception through project implementation is exciting for you.
- You can effectively multi-task projects with proper follow-up during resource imbalances.
- Communication is a strength that you leverage to lead and motivate your teammates and all interested stakeholders with the ability to articulate a clear vision and represent it convincingly.
- You possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the new business development objectives and when they apply, ensure those objectives are delivered at the project level.
- You demonstrate the experience and high character to thrive in a collaborative environment of collegiality and accountability, and demonstrate the ability to lead in a large-scale, complex environment, in a diplomatic yet assertive style.
- You have a proven record of accomplishment implementing new processes, technologies or related systems leading to a significant increase in performance or business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- Stage gate development processes, merchandising, design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management
- Minimum of 10+ years related experience required in consumer packaged goods, product line management or product marketing
- Strong business acumen, sound business judgement, and decisiveness
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including but not limited to Excel,Word, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Flexibility in travel
DESIRED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Energy: Inspires and engages people while fostering a culture of accountability and ownership. Drives and delivers business results in a short and long-term perspective.
- Openness: Encourages cross-collaboration, leveraging on diversity and open feedback. Keeps the end consumer and customers in mind through an outside-in perspective.
- Agility: Analyzes and adapts to different people and situations, remaining composed during ambiguity. Quickly understands and reacts to changes and takes decisions despite instabilities and uncertainties.
- Growth: Develops talents and learns new skills beyond own business needs. Explores new business ideas and continuously improves to build core capabilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Travel is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent communication with internal and external customers helping them trouble shoot any problems. This position also requires the employee to communicate with external vendors on a regular basis and with senior management on a frequent basis.