Sr. Director - NA Food Preservation R&D
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This role is responsible for the regional R&D budgets, building and deploying resources for designing and developing products for the North America Region in line with the Product Line Product Roadmap, leading and participating of activities including design reviews, project checkpoints, to grant a successful development and implementation of new products that are not only designed efficiently but product that can respond to the levels of automation and robust characteristics required by our internal process and consumer expectations.
You will act as a strong technical partner and collaborator to the NA Food Preservation Product Line in the execution and definition of R&D Requirements for New Product Development. You will help to further develop a strong R&D team for the NA Food Preservation Business Area including continuing to develop the competencies and collaboration for the team through people development and coaching. You will build a critical link between NA Product Line Food Preservation and Global Food Preservation Product Line providing valuable technical analysis, design and development actionable insights. You will help provide the R&D acumen required to deliver on Robust Product Development including the disciplines of design for automation and design for manufacturing and assembly.
- Lead the North America Business Area R&D activities and e responsible for coordinating all necessary activities and processes for the successful operations of the Cold Technology Center - CTC in Anderson
- Responsible for setting up annual budgets allowing CTC to develop all activities including, prototypes, testing and laboratories. This position shall also coordinate the office resources and allocation interfacing with Global Technology domains and Architecture for total Global R&D Integration and work in close collaboration with other functions like Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, etc
- Be a reference for participating in the regional Product Line process and product review supporting decision making and recommendations for new product feasibility analysis, represent NA R&D in the Global Food Preservation Product Forums
- Be required to effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of technical/management/business information (design, development, plans, quality reviews, simulations, etc. ) to key stakeholders. This includes the CTC strategic plan, annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting.
- Evaluate projects that support additional investment or enhance the current development of projects with the goal of improving the product quality, time to market, safety and cost
- Be responsible for manuals, documentation and certification, and for product maintenance after SoP including cost improvement, quality improvement
- Support the industrialization of products as well as continuous support and collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering
- Effectively partner with the Product Line leadership and Finance Leadership Teams to provide accurate, timely information and analysis on the current and forecasted ECI Projects
- Provide R&D leadership with proposed action steps to ensure delivery of product targets, improve performance, drive out costs and provide meaningful information to drive decision making.
- Identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting organizational and functional goals. This may include: selection and onboarding of talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment, and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management
- Manage and execute special projects as assigned, foster innovation development and create a ONE R&D Community mindset
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and preferably a master’s degree
- Specialties can range from Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics
- 10+ years of relevant experience in R&D in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Project management and manufacturing experience, leading and working with diverse individuals in cross-functional teams
- You look beyond the R&D area, thinking about the product solution as a whole and you can proactively seek out opportunities and articulate and develop action plans to capture these opportunities
- You have strong R&D acumen and build strategic partnerships with others to drive sound technical and innovative solution results
- Managerial and leadership skills