Sr. Director –North America Food Preparation R&D
Electrolux is a successful international company, leader in the home and professional appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm. Being one of the leading global appliance companies, we shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations Our main strategic drivers are to act sustainably, create better experiences and always improve.
Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets
with over 55,000 employees around the world. We have been around for more and
our success has to be attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We
believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth
opportunities and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative
culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework
for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and
Integrity; and Safety and Environment awareness govern all that we do.
We have a wide understanding of our consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design, develop and produce innovative products and services, that provides an outstanding consumer experience.
Electrolux North America Business Area.
North America Business Area is responsible for approximately 30% of the
Global Electrolux Business. We design,
develop and produce home appliances for Food Preservation and Preparation as
well as for Well Being, Fabric Care and
We rely on building a strong, cross-functional cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of, long-term relationships with our customers,. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our relationship.
We are in a journey to become of the most relevant players for home appliances in North America. We are led by our consumers the therefore we aim to disruptively cascade branded innovations to our Frigidaire and Electrolux consumers while offering simplest and meaningful solutions and services. We are establishing trusted long term relationships with our partners while looking to become a sustainability leader in our segment.
We are offering a long-term, full-time position as Sr. Director, North
America Food Preparation R&D. This position will report to the Sr. VP, NA
Product Lines – Taste and will have a functional reporting to Global Head of CX
Area Taste-Food Preparation
We are looking forward to welcoming in our management team, a people leader that has solid and proof experience in the R&D area and is ready to go the extra mile leading his/her team in designing and developing products that will deliver great consumer experiences while will inspire converting innovative ideas and concepts into projects and actions, following a rigorous, methodic and an extensive cross functional collaborative approach resulting in products that will satisfy quality, costs and timing requirements,
If you are a strong and inspiring team leader, willing to take on new challenges,
If you are capable to develop products that will meet specification requirements
If you are ready to embrace working collaboratively with key stakeholders areas such as Quality, Manufacturing, Process/Manufacturing Engineering and Operations
if you have excellent R&D and Project Management skills,
If you put consumers at the heart of everything you do
If you are open minded and creative
If you think you will be able to contribute to the success of our company than this is the opportunity you were looking for.
Be a strong technical partner and collaborator to the NA Food Preparation Product Line in the execution and definition of R&D Requirements for New Product Development
Further develop a strong R&D team for the NA Food Preparation Business Area. This includes continuing to develop the competencies and collaboration for the team through people development and coaching.
Provide the R&D acumen required to deliver on Robust Product Development including the disciplines of simulation, design for automation and design for manufacturing and assembly
This position is responsible for the regional R&D budgets, building
and deploying resources for designing and developing products for the North
America Region in line with the Product Line Product Roadmap, leading and participating of activities
including design reviews, project checkpoints, to grant a successful
development and implementation of new products that are not only designed
efficiently but product that can respond to the levels of automation and robust
characteristics required by our internal process and consumer expectations.
Among the different areas of responsibilities She/He will:
- lead the North America Business Area R&D activities
- be responsible for coordinating all necessary activites and processes for the successful operations of the Food Preparation Technology Center in Springfield
- be responsible for setting up annual budgets allowing NA Food Preparation to develop all activities including, prototypes, testing and laboratories. This position shall also coordinate the office resources and allocation interfacing with Global Technology domains and Architeture for total Global R&D Integrationand work in close collaboration with other functions like Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, etc
- be the reference for participating in the regional Product Line process and product review supporting decision making and recommendations for new product feasibility analysis, represent NA R&D in the Global Food Preparation Product Forums
- be required to effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of technical/management/business information (design, development, plans, quality reviews, simulations, etc. ) to key stakeholders. This includes the NA Food Preparation strategic plan, annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting.
- evaluate projects that support additional investment or enhance the current development of projects with the goal of improving the product quality, time to market, safety and cost.
- be responsible for execution of the NA Food Prep Generation plan as it relates to the translation of consumer product specifications into engineered systems and components.
- responsible for C-Star, SCR and annual direct material cost reduction targets as they relate to product design.
actively work with the product line to plan and execute a competitive generation plan
actively work with group R&D teams, either in technology, architecture or advanced development to deliver the generation plan
- work with group R&D to promote continuous improvement activities as they relate to R&D processes and systems
deliver a multitude of sourced product from a number of OEM suppliers as they relate to the generation plan. Food Preparation probably has the largest global footprint of suppliers for sourced product.
be responsible for manuals, documentation and certification, and for product maintenance after SoP including cost improvement, quality improvement
- support the industrialization of products as well as continuous support and collaboration with Manufacturing Engineering
- effectively partner with the Product Line leadership and Finance Leadership Teams to provide accurate, timely information and analysis on the current and forecasted ECI Projects
- provide R&D leadership with proposed action steps to ensure delivery of product targets, improve performance, drive out costs and provide meaningful information to drive decision making.
- identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting organizational and functional goals. This may include: selection and onboarding of talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment, and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management
- manage and execute special projects as assigned
- foster innovation development.
- create a ONE R&D Community mindset
- All this while keeping Electrolux values and priorities in check.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and preferably a master’s degree; Specialties can range from Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics
- 10+ years of relevant experience in R&D in a manufacturing, mechanical, fabrication, or electronics environment.
- Experience in a multinational and multicultural environment required
- Experience leading large teams in a matrixed environment.
- You possess an innovative mindset with the ability to execute strategic initiatives that drive performance and have project management experience, leading and working with diverse individuals in cross-functional teams.
- You bring passion for the business, the highest integrity and you are a strong influencer Experience in adjacent disciplines like quality, project management , manufacturing, are also welcome
- You demonstrate a drive for improving R&D results and pursue and achieve them with resilience.
- Demonstrated leader skills and experience with complex program management
- Self-starter who can work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to think and operate on a strategic level
- Ability to working a dynamic, multicultural environment
- You are a doer with an exceptionally strong work ethic and transparency and you inspire the same in others.
- You have an expectant, positive, proactive attitude and ‘can do’ spirit to drive change and can demonstrate a history of driving for higher business performance in a fast paced environment.
- You look beyond the R&D area, thinking about the product solution as a whole and you can proactively seek out opportunities and articulate and develop action plans to capture these opportunities.
- You have strong R&D acumen and build strategic partnerships to effectively collaborate with others to drive sound technical and innovative solution results.
- The ideal candidate must have high energy, charisma and a positive attitude. You have well developed managerial and leadership skills and impact business performance. You are great at establishing and nurturing a solid and sustainable network with peers and colleagues in an regional and international environment and you act as an agent of change.