Sr. Electronic System Engineer
System Engineer will be a central key role to interface Electronic, Integrator
and Advance System to get the development baseline of the future appliance.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Anderson SC but the role is Global cross Regions and linked to GEO (Global Electronic Organization).
- Responsible for initial translation of Attributes (internal or external) as communicated by process partners into product technical specifications and design objectives. Translates input to technical specifications supported by Technical Architects and used by design engineers to achieve results.
- Works as part of a global team with systems architects/integrators in other regions to identify features, functions and modules that are candidates to be used in all regions. Creates, releases, and maintains specifications based on these global requirements that will drive a common implementation across all regions.
- Release system technical specifications and aligns it with product architecture, module area leaders and technology teams. Cost estimation of the solution proposed.
- Works with electromechanical and controls engineers to define required interfaces with controls and incorporates into product specifications.
- Defines which global and regional specifications and design guidelines should be applied to the product as part of the initial test plan development including local, regional, or country wide product requirements as well as safety agency standards.
- Support to identifies gaps within the test plan based on project scope and develops new specifications to close those identified gaps. Drives Technical Design Previews to provide guidance on direction and test plan validation.
- Ensures the Systems Design is robust and assists design teams with DFMEA development as systems subject matter expert based on Systems Requirements for Verification and Validation Plans.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in product design, embedded control development, or related engineering career field.
- Minimum 3 years Experience in providing technical leadership for complete projects and programs.
- Minimum 5 years experience of overall engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- Experience in leading system architecture development, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience with appliance or other relatable product design.
- Ability to interpret schematics and proficiency in embedded hardware development.
- Knowledge in embedded software architecture and development.
- Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), preferred.
- English language knowledge is required.
- Experience in System Engineering Requirement and Decomposition Process.
- Experience in Change and Control Management and SAFE Agile Development Process.
- Experience in HW and/or FW design.
- Basic knowledge in analogue, digital and/or power supply electronics.
- Knowledge of international Safety standards for household appliances is a plus.
- Knowledge of electronic production processes.
- Soft Competence.
- Team player.
- Collaborative and communicative.
- Proactive, takes initiatives on problem solving.
- Willing to travel.
- Project management.
- Problem Solver.
- Six Sigma.