Sr. Electronics Hardware Engineer
The Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer will be primarily responsible for design and development of new embedded electronics devices that will drive innovative controls and control systems (features/function) in consumer cooking appliances in North America. As an integral member of the Electronics Technology Organization - NA located in Springfield, TN, the successful candidate will provide technical leadership and expertise in hardware development from conceptualization through production.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently designs electronic hardware for electronic controls and control systems having significant technical content.
- Applies expert knowledge of applicable technology and industry/company standards to investigate new technologies, methods and test procedures.
- Acts as a leader in teamwork development tasks. May supervise and mentor technicians or interns as required on a project or task basis.
- Prepares or provides input on product technical specifications based off of a variety of requirement inputs. This includes detailed design translation of general, end-user and market-based requirements and performance specifications.
- Prototypes and implements new product designs including analog and digital hardware.
- Identifies opportunities for re-use of existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products. Re-uses existing proven circuit modules and components when possible.
- Participates in the preparation of test and validation plans.
- Develops or assists in the development of detailed engineering materials including block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, test procedures, Engineering Change Notices, manuals and other customer documentation.
- Provides support and training on new products to other departments and customers as required.
- Estimates task durations and assists with the preparation of project schedules and product cost estimate including costedBOM’s..
- Documents and shares lessons learned and best practices with local and international colleagues.
- Works with software, systems, wire harness, platform, and test engineers to identify and fix EMC issues in accordance with Electrolux standards.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Works with outside consultants, suppliers, and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture electronic components and assemblies.
- Works closely with Purchasing and Quality to investigate, qualify, select and manage electronics suppliers.
- Performs special projects as directed by the Department Manager.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters degree a plus.
- Minimum seven years of proven experience in conceiving and developing embedded hardware for controls and control systems preferably in a consumer appliance product R&D environment.
- Experience with Renesas, Freescale, Microchip PIC, and other microprocessors, DSP’s and development environments/tools. ARM based micro-controllers is preferred
- Proficient in schematic and circuit design and layout using ORCAD or similar CAD system.
- Familiar with ANSI, UL, CSA, NEMA and IEC standards especially as they relate to consumer appliance products.
- Ability to translate non-technical user requirements into specific technical solutions.
- Skilled in technical writing.
- Strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams.