Sr. Electronics Technician (1st shift, 7:30am-4:30pm)SPRINGFIELD
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties will be supporting the electronic design engineering staff with various tasks to deliver electronic solutions to cooking appliances in production. These duties are various, but will be primarily focused on electronics. The following duties and responsibilities are also expected.
• Works with engineers in development of engineering documentation, bills of materials, and component specifications
• Develops / reviews testing specifications for controls, components and systems
• Coordinates prototype control builds including ordering and tracking of incoming components
• Performs design/development experiments which may require non-standard procedures & complex instrumentation (e.g.: oscilloscopes, ESD, EFT) when required.
• Builds, tests, analyses and troubleshoots prototype electronic circuits, parts (including electronic controls), and appliances to research and develop product features/functions.
• Coordinates/conducts performance, design verification, validation, agency, life and reliability testing based on written specifications.
• Records and maintains accurate test data records and write extremely detailed test reports and procedures when required within scope of work
• Supports electronics team as needed with assignments targeted to SCR, FTQ and other quality initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
• Must pass a written and applied knowledge test (Electronic Tech Test written and applied). Test will cover basic electronic theory; the applied portion will cover basic electronic equipment knowledge and soldering ability.
• Bachelor Degree in Electronics or 2-4 years of equivalent experience required.
• One (1) plus years experience in an industrial R&D environment preferred.
• Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Sharepoint.
• Ability to use electronic instruments like oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, data-acquisition systems, and logic analyzers required.
• Computer programming skills (e.g.: Basic or Labview) desired.
• Understanding of basic math, electrical and mechanical principles required.
• Ability for fine manual dexterity (example: soldering of fine electronic components). Must be able to solder surface mount and through hole components.
• Ability to read and understand electrical and electronic schematics required.
• Communicate clearly and concisely in English; verbally and in writing.
• Able to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. On a repetitive basis.
• Able to stand or sit for the majority of the shift.