Sr Financial Analyst - Warehousing
The Sr Financial Analyst - Warehousing position has the overall responsibility and accountability for using data analytics in support of our warehousing organization to inform and drive decisions. This position is responsible for forecasting and budgeting activities as well as effectively communicating trends and performing business analysis as it relates to warehousing. Leveraging technical skills, business acumen, and creativity, this position is also responsible for automating reports to generate business insights, coordinating month-end close activities, and to drive continuous improvement within the Supply Chain Finance team. This role will work closely with the operational leadership team, the warehousing site leaders, as well as our reporting teams to accomplish shared objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with the warehousing team to understand market conditions, gauge cost mitigating actions, and inform leadership of financial risks/opportunities.
- Integrate with the warehousing team to understand their analysis needs, ensuring that our data solutions are an excellent fit to drive profitable business behaviors and decisions.
- Lead month-end, forecast, and budgeting activities for the warehousing team – focusing on analysis, strategic drivers, assumption validation, and cost expectations.
- Ensure accurate reporting and month-end actuals, working closely with our accounting, reporting, and audit teams.
- Collaborate with our warehousing site leaders to support their financial decision making, ability to effectively manage fixed and variable expenses, and to obtain accurate inputs for forecast and budgeting activities.
- Create new processes to drive data efficiency within our supply chain reporting, ideally utilizing BI or SQL based solutions.
- Lead projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that the team’s financial reporting delivers high-quality and relevant data and insights to intelligently grow our business and improve efficiencies.
- Identify cost trends and make recommendations for cost out/process improvements and track results.
- Provide analytical support to business partners in terms of collecting, analyzing, and reporting cost trends and any other ad hoc project requests.
- Prepare supply chain cost analysis/standard reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to highlight key performance metrics.
- Lead business case development and prepare investment requests as needed for business initiatives related to capital spending.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fields
- 3-5 years’ experience, ideally within a manufacturing or supply chain area
- Strong analytical skills with strong cost modeling experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Query a must, Power BI a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Preferred System utilization: SAP, Oracle or other ERP systems
- Proven track record of change management & process improvement preferred
- Must be able to apply analytical and decision-making skills without direct supervision
- Ability to learn new operational concepts and apply these to financial recommendations
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual, traditional, and hybrid environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with cross functional teams and at all levels of management
- Prior knowledge of working with supply chain/operations preferred
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to change as well as acting as a change catalyst
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills