Sr. Financial Business Analyst - Supply Chain
The Supply Chain Senior Business Analyst position has the overall responsibility and accountability for using data to inform our supply chain decisions across the organization. Using technical skills, business acumen and creativity, this position is responsible for automating reports to generate business insights, managing month-end close activities, communicating trends, forecasting, annual planning and performing business analysis as it relates supply chain activities. In addition, the Business Analyst plays a key role by business partnering and supporting execution of Supply Chain objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Supply Chain leadership and their teams to understand needs, ensuring that our data solutions are an excellent fit to drive profitable business behaviors and decisions.
- Independently work with the supply chain organization to identify and set out an action plan for improvement of processes to increase the finance team’s support effectiveness
- Lead projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that the team’s financial reporting delivers high-quality and relevant data to intelligently grow our business and improve efficiencies.
- Prepare supply chain cost analysis/standard reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to highlight key performance metrics.
- Prepare monthly forecast using valid and accurate assumptions and obtain consensus from business partners.
- Automate currently manual processes, providing data rich visualizations to promote accurate decision making.
- Develop the annual plan by collaborating with all necessary stakeholders
- Provide support, reporting, and validation for month end close process.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department on month-end journal entry data requirements and audit requests.
- Identify cost trends and make recommendations for cost out/process improvements and track results.
- Lead initiatives to enhance/automate reporting capabilities, both from financial and operational perspective.
- Resolve and follow-up on all supply chain related financial requests and inquiries by internal/external stakeholders.
- Provide analytical support to business partners in terms of collecting, analyzing, and reporting cost trends and any other ad hoc project requests.
- Prepare investment requests as needed to support business initiatives related to capital spending.
- Work closely with Commercial Business Analysts and Product Line Analysts to provide leading indicators related to supply chain cost components.
- Provide cost reporting to Sales and Product Line Managers by product line, channel, platform and at a SKU level.
- B.S.Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fields, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with data analysis or measurement reporting
- Strong analytical skills with strong cost modeling experience
- Experience with BI tools (Power BI, QlikView, Tableau) a plus