Sr. IT Manager - Data Management
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will manage the daily activities of the Data Architect, Data Engineers and DBAs and will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and execution of the technology roadmap for the data warehouse and data platforms in the organization. You will work closely with Business and IT teams to understand technical and functional data requirements and oversee the design, creation and support of all data solutions ensuring data integrity, security, stability, and fluidity of information throughout the data lifecycle. You must have a strong background in SQL Server, Data Warehouse Design, Data Modeling, Project Management, BI/Analytics and the ability to produce sustainable end-to-end solutions for complex data systems.
You will manage a team of data management professionals that is responsible for sourcing data from all source systems into the Enterprise Data Warehouse and oversee the architecture and design for the Enterprise Data Warehouse process while providing technical leadership for all SQL Server environments and data repositories, with design and development standards. You will work to ensure all development work is conducted in compliance with the established change control procedures and completed in cooperation with other technical and functional IT staff team members when required. You will help to create Logical and Physical Data Models as required and assist with troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue resolution tasks provide on-call support as needed. You will also design and develop Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to acquire and load data from internal and external sources as necessary.
- Oversee the creation of software components based on detailed technical specifications and incorporating approved design and programming standards, unit and system testing for all development work
- Accountable for all aspects of the data warehouse processes including project management, data modeling, ETL, data validation, implementation, and production support
- Define and enforce Data standards, Security and Governance and recommend end-to-end solutions in BI team (from sourcing the right data to how the information should be delivered to business)
- Maintain a detailed knowledge base of the underlying data and data structures, document and maintain business definitions, data dictionary and data mapping
- Manage security and maintenance for all data platforms including capacity planning, licensing and software renewals/compliance, server refreshes, upgrades, patches, and new server requirements and assist in analyzing business requirements and presenting proposed solutions
- Create and manage team budget, evaluate current data analysis strategies and work with team in developing recommendations and improvements
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of current technical developments and present use cases to IT Leadership
- Provide support to users in training and education on available data tools as required and mentor and Conduct Performance appraisal for team members
- Responsible for the prompt, courteous and efficient management of all support requests to the Data Warehouse team, including ad-hoc data analysis requests
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering or IT related degree is preferred)
- 10 years of experience in modeling (conceptual, logical and physical), developing, testing and implementing Enterprise Data Warehouse (on premise and cloud based), ETL, ODS, Data Marts, Multi-dimensional cubes, Data Warehouse Theories, Principles, and Practices
- 5 years of experience with SQL Server (including experience in Database Administration)
- 3 years of experience managing and executing data warehouse initiatives along with providing project management/process support to IT teams
- 3 years of experience in resource management
- 2 years of experience with Azure Cloud Environment (Azure Data Warehouse, Azure SQL DB, Azure Datalake, Azure Data Factory)
- Knowledge of SAP ECC and BW systems
- Programming language knowledge: ETL/BI Tools: SAP Data Services, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Databases – MS SQL Server, DB2., Other: Control-M, ERWIN, SQL, Excel, Power Point, MS Project
- Proven Sales, Supply chain, Manufacturing and Financial business process experience
- Proficiency in Strategy, Roadmap, Planning, Estimation, Scheduling, Data Architecture, Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Analysis, Master Data Management, Data Archival, Data Migration, Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Experience in presenting solutions, status and estimates to peers and management
- Experience with Agile frameworks and DevOps methodology is preferred