Sr. IT Manager - Data Management
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In your role, you will manage the daily activities of the Data Engineers and DBAs, and are responsible for the planning, development, and execution of the technology roadmap for the data platforms in the North America region. You will collaborate with global data teams to ensure alignment to the overall Global Data Strategy. You will work closely with the Business and IT teams to understand technical and functional data requirements and oversee the design, creation and support of all data solutions ensuring data integrity, security, stability, and fluidity of information throughout the data lifecycle. You will work in a self-directed and independent manner.
- Manage a team of data management professionals that is responsible for sourcing data from all source systems into the Enterprise Data Platform.
- Manage a team of DBA’s that support several dozen instances of SQL server.
- Oversee the architecture and design for the NA Enterprise Data Platform while providing technical leadership for all SQL Server environments and data repositories, with design and development standards.
- Collaborate with Global Data Teams to develop strategy and roadmap for migrating the NA Enterprise Data Platform to the Global Data Platform.
- Oversee the creation of software components based on detailed technical specifications and incorporating approved design and programming standards, unit and system testing for all development work.
- Ensure all development work is conducted in compliance with the established change control procedures and completed in cooperation with other technical and functional IT staff team members when required.
- Accountable for all aspects of the data platform processes including project management, data modeling, data engineering, data validation, implementation, and production support.
- Recommend end-to-end solutions in BI team (from sourcing the right data to how the information should be delivered to business).
- Define and enforce Data standards, Security and Governance.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering or IT related degree is preferred).
- 10 years of experience in all aspects of data engineering, modeling (conceptual, logical and physical), developing, testing and implementing Data Platforms (on premise and cloud based), ETL, ODS, Data Marts, Multi-dimensional cubes, Data Warehouse Theories, Principles, and Practices.
- 5 years of experience with SQL Server (including experience in Database Administration).
- 3 years of experience managing and executing data warehouse initiatives along with providing project management/process support to IT teams.
- 3 years of experience in resource management.
- 2 years of experience with Azure Cloud Environment (Synapse, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data lake, Azure Data Factory).
- Knowledge of SAP ECC and BW systems.
- Programming language knowledge.
- Proven Sales, Supply chain, Manufacturing and Financial business process experience.
- Proficiency in Planning, Estimation, Scheduling, Data Architecture, Data Quality, Data Profiling, Data Analysis, Master Data Management, Data Archival, Data Migration, Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- Experience in presenting solutions, status and estimates to peers and management.
- Experience with Agile frameworks and DevOps methodology is preferred.