Sr. Manager, Commercial Finance
The Sr. Manager, Commercial Finance, has overall responsibility and accountability for understanding and communicating the financial position of specific Sales Channels within Electrolux Major Appliances, Canada. This role is responsible for providing financial support to the business leader of each respective Sales Channel, creating and maintaining periodic reports that analyze and communicate actual and expected performance, and scenario modeling of key initiatives to support critical business decisions. This role is also responsible for the leadership, coaching and development of direct reports and collaborating with all members of the Finance Team. The Sr. Manager, Commercial Finance, is the critical link between the Sales, Pricing, Product Line and Marketing groups and provides valuable insight on a daily basis to the financial performance through analysis and reporting, in addition to acting as liaison with the centrally managed AR function to ensure customer issues, rebates and claims are effectively managed and resolved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership, coaching, and development of direct reports
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports to management
- Interpretation and communication of financial performance, implications, recommendations
- Work closely with the Sales, Merchandising, FP&A, Operations and Marketing Teams to ensure connectivity within the financial organization and communications to the business partners are consistent
- Provide business insights that are aligned to Group, client and functional strategies
- Seek continues improvement opportunities that improve efficiency of processes
- Customer rebate and claim management and reporting, including co-ordination with AR, Sales and Operations teams to effectively and efficiently resolve pending issues
- Profitability analysis of specific products and programs
- Provide annual projections, periodic forecasts, and business architecture (profitability per channel/platform/market) analyses as required
- Investment request analysis
- Lead development of analytical tools (both tactical and strategic) including scenarios to reach growth and profitability targets
- Strengthen and support the internal control environment and compliance activities to safeguard the sector assets.
- Ensure the implementation of the financial policies and procedures of the corporation
- Develop strong working relationships with staff, peers and senior management as well as Global staff.
- Lead the staff development to have a continual path of up and coming talent.
- Ensure an effective and efficient management of Electrolux’s financial operation
- BA in Finance or related field of study required; MBA a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressive accounting/financial analysis experience required
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Strong leadership qualities with definitive, successful experience in leadership positions
- Ability to drive change and effectively lead large, multi-departmental, cross-functional teams to successful achievement of corporate goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to thrive in a “matrix” organization
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex, multi-disciplinary problems and articulate features and benefits to appropriate management audiences
- Robust business understanding
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Experience working with multi-dimensional financial statements
- Financial analysis experience including sales trends analysis, customer and consumer marketing analysis, performance based contracts, capital investment analysis
- Ability to influence peers, executives, etc. in a matrix
- Highly motivated / Driven / Proactive approach to business needs
- Ability to solve unstructured business and
accounting problems and lead multiple priorities with little day to day
- Ability to adjust/react quickly to changes and changing priorities
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including experience in managing large ERP systems (SAP, Oracle)
- Process improvement mindset. Identify and execute efficiency and continuous improvement opportunities
- Exhibit highest levels of integrity