Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement Commercial
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Continuous Improvement at Electrolux is one of our top strategic drivers to deliver outstanding and continuously improved customer & consumer experiences.
The Business Area North America (BA NA) utilizes the Electrolux Manufacturing System program in pursuit of operational and commercial excellence.
This position will create a culture of continuous improvement, accelerating and embedding the use of EMS / CI principles, process, and indicators across the commercial areas of BA NA.
The role will work closely with BA NA Sales Operations, Sales Channels, Merchandising, Commercialization, Marketing and external Customers; and cross-functionally with IT, Manufacturing Operations, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Product Line and Finance; to standardize, define, implement and continuously improve the BA commercial processes.
- Lead, promote, and facilitate the CI / EMS within commercial areas so that it becomes a "part of the culture" at Electrolux.
- Lead commercial process standard creation to enable high performing teams to deliver results in key strategic areas.
- Develop commercial processes to improve baseline performance relative to customer experience, response time, effort, growth, and mix.
- Drive the education & development of CI skills, competencies, and effectiveness.
- Develop, and play a hands-on execution role in the CI plan, ensuring robust sustainable lean processes. Own the execution (impact, timeline, and dependencies) and sustainability of project results.
- Drive Standardization and continuous improvement of the EMS/ CI principles, tools, and practices.
- Identify automation / digital waste elimination opportunities and implement solutions to realize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Increase employee engagement and involvement through simple to use, visual digital methods.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Lean experienced required; Certification preferred.
- 3 years of experience leading CI implementation in commercial areas.
- Well versed in modern tools and methodologies of process improvement.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a at least 3 years of experience leading process CI implementation in non-manufacturing functions
- Knowledge of Commercialization, Sales and S&OP processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Strategic prioritization: able to identify and prioritize key process improvement opportunities in line with needs using financial and non-financial metrics.
Ability to set improvement goals to impact area needs.
Analytical problem solving: able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data, and generate new solutions to complex problems.
Analysis of ‘as-is’ state, ‘to-be’ state, gap analysis, prioritized waste and development appropriate CI countermeasures to deliver improved performance. Clear understanding of principles that guide tool selection.
Proven ability to take responsibility for leading, directing, and managing change. Can determine a vision of the future state and provides direction, focus and drive during the change process.
Strong advocate and catalyst for change, providing resources, removing barriers and leading or supporting others leading change.
Able to influence cross functionally without direct authority.
Can work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
Planning ability over all time horizons; can shift (as required) between the need for detailed day-to-day planning up to and including the ability to develop strategic improvement plans for own area of responsibility.
Developing performance measurements that ensure key performance indicator systems are consistently tracking the right measures and provoking the right responsive behavior.
Ensures improved performance of CI initiatives are sustained post intervention.
Delivers results through others by energizing teams and encouraging creativity and ownership.
Audit & Observation:
Ability to evaluate processes from a purpose,process,andpeople perspective to identify problems, waste, or improvements.
Knows what ‘best in class’ looks like and can articulate / communicate vision.
Can challenge the process and thinking in a non-confrontational manner.
Assumes leadership role and provides guidance.
Can determine ‘as-is’ organizational capability (knowledge/skills/expertise) and has the capability to teach, coach, mentor a targeted future state at multiple organizational levels.
Coaching at multiple levels with the ability to contextualize use of EMS / CI principles in application.
Achieve results through others by making better people.
A role model for the following CI behaviors: Goal Alignment, Process & Results, Commitment to Standards, Question & Challenge, PDCA Learning and Support & Recognition.
IT / Digital Skills
IT literacy to support above.
Strong analytics skills
SAP/IBP knowledge preferred
Electrolux Core Competencies for Continuous Improvement
Ambition & Drive: Drives both themselves and the business forward. Seeks responsibility beyond the requirements of their immediate role and sets challenging goals. Shows tenacity and continues to strive to reach goals, despite obstacles.
Leading Self & Others: Sets clear individual objectives and direction for others. Clarifies priorities and provides others with means and authority to make decisions to create a culture of ownership and accountability. Engages and inspires individuals to exceed expectations.
Deliver Results: Demonstrates tenacity and focus by continuously striving to reach goals and overcoming obstacles
Cross Collaboration & Networking: Encourages and promotes cross-collaboration and diversity to create greater business success.
Acumen: Quickly gets to the core of a problem, recognizing irrelevant details and conveying complex information clearly. Anticipates and recognizes interdependencies, considers a holistic, strategic perspective and uses knowledge gained from the external business environment. Can analyze and manage complex and large amounts of information.
Judgement & Decision Making: Exercises good judgement in making decisions, considering all the available sources of information and alternatives.
Adaptability: Analyzes and adapts quickly to different people and situations in complex and unstable circumstances.
Innovation & Curiosity: Proposes new and original ideas, approaches and solutions to problems. Curious about new ways of doing things and challenges own thinking beyond current practices
Coaching Self & Others: Identifies and develops talent in individuals. Provides positive support to allow the individual to improve continuously.