Sr Manager, Demand Planning
As Sr. Manager, Demand Planning, you will develop the future rolling 12-18 month SKU-level demand forecast to drive forecast accuracy. Your team will be responsible for the SKU, channel, and location-level demand forecasts for 12-18 months. You will partner with Sales and Merchandising to incorporate channel feedback, channel initiatives, and market and promotional activity for the most accurate order/shipment forecast. You will partner with Supply and Inventory Planning to reduce areas of inventory risk and opportunity. You will partner with Product Line to incorporate future product initiatives. As leader of the Demand Planning process, you will highlight areas of opportunity to reach our financial goals and inform Supply and Demand balancing activities. You’ll partner with our Supply Chain team to sense demand out of our distribution centers for updated location-level forecasts.
You will be also responsible for developing and driving a new system and process integration to lead Demand Planning into the future. You’ll bring best practices of demand sensing using retail and market trends and bring efficient statistical methods to help forecasting. You’ll deliver an improved process for collaborative retail sales, inventory, and shipment forecasts with our retailers for increased accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of demand planners to develop and manage a forward looking (12-18 Months) aggregated demand plan at a SKU, Channel, location level
- Lead SKU-level forecasting efforts to support Budget/Annual Plan
- Manage the top-down forecast based on trends by Product Lines and Platform level
- Lead monthly consensus forecast alignment process for the organization, spanning Sales, Merchandising, Marketing, Product Line, and Industrial Operations
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on promotions, evaluate and incorporate market trends in demand plan analysis where appropriate
- Facilitate the cross-functional connectivity required within the monthly Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) process meetings in order to gain alignment to the consensus forecast, documenting and publishing forecast rationale and identification of risks and opportunities
- Perform monthly root cause analysis to identify sources of controllable forecast error and mitigate in future forecasts
- Review and publish monthly channel forecast and organizational demand plan metrics
- Continuously improve demand plan accuracy and connectivity across the supply chain to ensure customer order service levels and inventory turns objectives are met
- Communicate risk & opportunities to the internal organization as a whole as needed
- Participate in scenario planning on impact of price/volume/mix changes on the aggregate plan, particularly in constrained environments
- Manage the End-to-End Systems Integration Process, from the Demand Plan through Inventory Optimization process.
- Develop requirements/process design for new process and system for Demand Planning.
- Remap current system requirements to interim and future-state Demand Planning Design.
- 7 plus years’ experience in supply chain, demand planning, or inventory planning
- Experience with Demand or Supply Planning systems (e.g., SAS, SAP, JDA)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a mathematics based discipline.
- Project or People management experience required.
- Ability to simplify complex information into actionable recommendations for executive leaders
- Understanding of how supply/demand planning impacts other functions of the business
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Capability to work independently in a fast paced lean organization and be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with internal and external customers
- Minimal travel is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Growth mindset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, priorities and deadlines in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent negotiating capabilities and ability to think analytically
- Understanding of statistical concepts
- Self-motivated with positive attitude
- MBA preferred
- Experience leading a supply chain planning systems implementation