Sr. Manager - Engineering Services
Effective product development at Electrolux is an important business driver
in order to deliver outstanding consumer experiences. By focusing on supporting
Product Development through critical Engineering Services, we can realize
greater value with each development and accelerate the rate in which product changes
positively impact our business, our products and our people.
NA Food Preservation is seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager who can create, enhance and adapt the way we build & implement value at Electrolux. This position is responsible for the management, capability and efficiency implementations within each discipline to provide our customer continuously improving service. The scope of the role will include opportunities in improving our product design, the product development process, and the manufacture and delivery of our products to achieve outstanding consumer experiences.
The successful candidate will work to enhance product cost reduction and quality improvements, while maintaining focus on reductions in development timing and cost and operation efficiencies within NA Food Preservation R&D. Analyses of competitor and cross-industry development performance, product benchmarking, and monitoring of manufacturing trends in the marketplace will be performed and used to develop projects within a continuous improvement strategy. The role will effectively network to make use of Group and external resources where applicable.
The successful candidate is in charge of managing all disciplines within the Engineering Service Group to include:
- Design for Automated Assembly
- Transportation & Packaging Engineering
- Development Services
- Prototype Development
- Literature Coordination
- Teamcenter Administration
- Bill of Materials
- Service Engineering
- Factory Optimization Engineering
The Engineering Services strategy will focus upon providing immediate product development and ongoing factory support, while addressing short to mid-term goals to facilitate and enhance future value creation. Collaboration and integration of Continuous Improvement initiatives in the area of Food Preservation products and their development and manufacture should be a strong cornerstone of the enhancement of the Engineering Services Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage team members within each discipline to provide high-value support to product development Architectures, Technical Domains and North American Factories.
- Create and maintain a 5-year capability and operational efficiency strategy for the Group and for each discipline.Define short to mid-term projects to execute the strategy.
- Accelerate communication (best practices) between contributors through regular Factory/Lab walks and participating in innovation workshops.
- Maintain and develop a high level of alignment with technology partners, advanced purchasing, product lines and the global technology organization.
- Build and maintain internal and external networks (e.g. external suppliers, institutes, universities etc.), contributing to enhancement and effectiveness of the Engineering Services Group
- Manage and track program schedules, technical issues, product/module cost, risks and priorities.
- Effectively create and support process enhancement initiatives to drive an environment of continuous quality improvement throughout the organization
- Reporting on progress of projects, identifying potential risks, dependencies, budgets, resourcing, issues, critical milestones and forthcoming pipeline and actions necessary to ensure success
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, manufacturing or physical science required; Post-Graduate degree in Engineering Management preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in product development, project management or manufacturing; a combination of experience is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience at a management level of leading/driving people engagement and creating high-functioning organizations.
KEY FUNCTIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Dynamic, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed individual.
- Ability to lead and engage people at all levels of the organization, building teams and developing individuals.
- Experience and success leading, developing both direct and remote teams.
- Organized, detail oriented, with a strong drive to deliver.
- Creative problem solver, with an open mind to opportunities and the ability to objectively assess alternatives and make strong, data-backed decisions.
- Strong Cold Product knowledge across all platforms with practical experience in areas of development, manufacture, delivery and service.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel internationally, as needed.
- Team player with the ability to influence and work in a matrix organization using effective written and verbal communications.
- Proven technology scoping, application and integration into Cold Products and development process.
- Strong business acumen with understanding of financial principals and cost analysis.
KEY OPERATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Planning work activities, and providing direction to various reports to support new product development, engineering change and factory care.
- Ensure product development and engineering changes are conducted as guided by EPM Gate, site specific protocol and cross-functional agreements.
- Monitor competitor and cross-market consumer product development and manufacturing environments, provide input & feedback for new product development and design for manufacturing improvements to product scoping and development teams.
- Leading and coaching Architecture and technical domain teams to implement capability and efficiency improvement projects in conjunction with Continuous Improvement strategy.
- Own the budget for Engineering Services and be accountable for value creation.
- Propose and define new technologies to improve products and process within time and cost targets.
- Interact with experts in different fields and working areas (e.g. electronics, materials, industrial design, Product Lines) to grow knowledge base.