Sr. Manager, IT Infrastructure
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Sr. Manager, IT Infrastructure for North America has the overall responsibility for delivery of the IT infrastructure (Network and Server teams) for the North American IT organization. You will ensure governance in relation to Network and Wintel Server design and compliance is in line with corporate standards. This role is critical in ensuring a continuous improvement and simplification mindset is present in the organization. As the Sr. Manager, IT Infrastructure you will be expected to understand the regional business needs and efficiently translate those to infrastructure and technology requirements, as well as ensuring day to day service delivery in line with outlined expectations on SLA etc. As part of this the role also need to define in collaboration with global Network and Server teams what initiatives are driven as regional focus and where we can utilize global leverage.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for leading the IT Infrastructure Network and Server teams in the region on a day to day basis, promoting collaborative and productive relationships across all areas of the IT Organization regionally and globally. Pertinent key areas under management for region North America include Regional Network Infrastructure, Data Center and Cloud Hosting as well as Wintel Server Support. You will continuously work to improve and optimize the delivery for areas mentioned above in close cooperation with Network and Server global leads utilizing both own staff and partners as required,
- Lead and manage the IT Network and Server functions and its personnel to continuously drive value, operational excellence and efficiencies while ensuring proper IT communications and IT governance
- Develop people and capabilities in the Network and Server teams to meet current and future needs. Coach and mentor team members
- Ensure safe and reliable day to day running of the services delivered from the Network and Server teams with monitoring, measures, and escalations procedures in place
- Be proactive in identifying operational issues and drive resolution also to ensure service level reporting and service level management practices are in place for areas under responsibility (both for delivery via internal and external providers)
- Actively manage the Network and Server teams project portfolio and resource planning to ensure projects are executed in line with expectations (quality, time, and budget)
- Capacity planning, sizing, and infrastructure optimization
- Security compliance across both Network and Server teams helping to maintain and manage infrastructure roadmaps for all areas
- Maintain and manage budgets for all areas reviewing technical project management and asset management
- Validate project requirements, define project scope, develop project schedules, and produce detailed designs for assigned projects. Generates project documentation including detailed test plan for highly complex networks.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- A bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of Network and Server infrastructures with experience leading infrastructure environments.
- Proven record of business and people leadership in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplined environment with previous experience managing third party resources
- Experience of identifying, structuring and implementing IT solutions in a project environment with the ability to prepare and present material to all levels, including senior management.
- Strong business partnering approach and ethos with a digital mindset and an agile approach.
- Experienced in thought leadership in digital and business transformation